New 5600x temperature question

Can you easily reproduce the erroneous temperature reporting, or is it only under certain conditions it appears?
I can't reproduce it at will, it just eventually happens if the program runs long enough. Any time I've had it happen I simply had HWinfo running in the background while I played a game.

You can see from the screenshot I shared that HWinfo had been open almost 4 hours when I took the screenshot. I don't know at what point in that time period the issue occured.

I'll have HWinfo record a log file while I play a game for a while and, if the issue occurs, I'll upload the log here in hopes that it helps.

I can't reproduce it at will, it just eventually happens if the program runs long enough. Any time I've had it happen I simply had HWinfo running in the background while I played a game.

You can see from the screenshot I shared that HWinfo had been open almost 4 hours when I took the screenshot. I don't know at what point in that time period the issue occured.

I'll have HWinfo record a log file while I play a game for a while and, if the issue occurs, I'll upload the log here in hopes that it helps.
Any chance you could try an old version of HWiNFO (v6)? I've found some issues with newer builds (that are almost always fixed when out of beta or in the next build).

When you record the log with the same version of the application you found the likely-incorrect reading on, I've found it's best to set to 'no buffering', assuming SSD (M.2 PCIe or SATA), as game/application performance will remain the same - I'm sure Martin can correct me if wrong.

I'd also highly recommend recording another log for 20-30 hours of idle and normal use - that would be the more interesting one in my opinion.

Of course, true to how the universe works, I played Elden Ring for 8 hours today with HWinfo open in the background with logging turned on and no erroneous average temperature reading.

I'll start a new log and let it run until about this time tomorrow, though it will mostly be the computer sitting idle because I'll be at work most of the day.

Here's a log that ran for about 24 hours. The CPU die max average temperature was showing 98.1° C

Looking thru the data, that reading (98.1° C) was the only outlier:
1646715815462.png
(Data in screenshot sorted in descending order)

Something else I noticed, that Core Temperatures and L3 Temperatures both had a minimum value of 0° C.

Anyway, I don't know how useful this log is actually going to be -- It's massive in size (228 MB). Here it is, though (OneDrive link).

Here's a log that ran for about 24 hours. The CPU die max average temperature was showing 98.1° C

Looking thru the data, that reading (98.1° C) was the only outlier:
View attachment 7492
(Data in screenshot sorted in descending order)

Something else I noticed, that Core Temperatures and L3 Temperatures both had a minimum value of 0° C.

Anyway, I don't know how useful this log is actually going to be -- It's massive in size (228 MB). Here it is, though (OneDrive link).
You don't need to manually look through the CSV - this free application is excellent: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/logviewer-for-hwinfo-is-available.802/

I've loaded a 2GB CSV into it and it only took a few seconds on a 5900X. With your 5600X, it shouldn't take much time at all to load the entire 230MB file. You can use the dropdown on the right to see every logged field and values are automatically plotted.

I think there's sth wrong with this program as I'm having the exact same problem. I knew Ryzen had their problems when they first came out but I'm getting worried all the same.
Sry for the spanish

Attachments

• Temperatura.jpg
    Temperatura.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 13
Are you running some other monitoring or overclocking tool along with HWiNFO? That could be causing this.

I think there's sth wrong with this program as I'm having the exact same problem. I knew Ryzen had their problems when they first came out but I'm getting worried all the same.
Sry for the spanish
Can you backup your existing HWiNFO instance (if you want to keep existing settings), uninstall it, download the newest stable release, try again (don't change any I2C settings, etc.) and then post a full screenshot of all values with mixed use?

Ok, so I have no idea how to save the instance and there are no other programs monitoring, there's nothing more than Civilization Beyond Earth running and that game alone should not be a problem. I decided to use this application to check the results of some cleaning/replacement of thermal pads on gpu (not needed but I like to keep my pc running smooth). This came to me as a surprise, my ryzen 5600x is running stock clocks/voltage with a Noctua NH-D15 that should be an overkill for those 65w tdp, although running with a single cooler (the other won't fit) but it's still more than enough. Got one big 240mm pulling and another one pushing air, and a classic 120mm fan on the back of the case. GPU is also cool.
Then I tried another software (Clock Turner for Ryzen) that seems to be safe. I know little of undervolting/overclocking and this seemed like a good app for tweaking (having heard about Ryzen high voltage). I activated the low profile and -forgot to take a screenshot- nothing went above 70C, so there goes my solution. I don't recall the exact same measures but I'll try to come with some solid proof next time, this could help anyone. I'm also trying the others profiles.

Attachments

• CRT.jpg
    CRT.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 9
123 C cannot be a valid temperature read. Such invalid value read was seen to be caused when some other monitoring tools were conflicting with HWiNFO and CTR is known to be among those.

123 C cannot be a valid temperature read. Such invalid value read was seen to be caused when some other monitoring tools were conflicting with HWiNFO and CTR is known to be among those.
But CRT is not a monitoring tool itself. First time I got that reading was with CRT deactivated. Now i'm getting that exact same problem with it.

Back