Intel PCH temperature data disappeared!

totalz

Acer laptop with Intel 10750, RTX 2070 Max Q, Win10 22H2. No sensor issue before, though PCH temp can reach 97C while playing game. Occasionally, I get BSOD after I quit a game, but not during gaming. The same happened yesterday, and the chassis was quite hot. I manually force shutdown then restart immediately, thinking I should let the fan run a bit longer. After login, everything started to hang, so I just shut it down.

Later at night, during another gaming session, I notice PCH temperature was 0C. So I quite the game, and in HWInfo, there's only the max value, current and min is empty. After i restart HWInfo, there's nothing under PCH temp. Is there any software to check sensor issue, PCH health?

During gaming, CPU temp is around 77C and GPU is around 87C, within specs. However, I wasn't able to be find temperature spec for the PCH.

97C is quite high for the PCH temperature. If it disappeared it might be some issue communicating with the sensor. Try to restart the system if it will come back.

Well, the info comes back and has a max of 101C.

I checked the location of the PCH, which is right beside and below the main m2 ssd. Which is a super bad design!!
I have moved the sdd to another slot for now, which the PCH temp stays below 90C usually.

csm_Predator_Triton_300_Maintenance_1_e5d8bc2a62.jpg

Back