New beta version (v6.27-4185) lots of extra GPU stuff

yamaci177

First of all I would like to thank the developer or developers of this program greatly for this great tool :)

For a long time, i've used hwinfo64 (for about 7 years)

i've been using my gtx 1080 for a 3 year now and i always updated my hwinfo regularly

with this latest update, i've seen lots of new stats i've never seen before ^^ i always felt jealous of AMD cards that they showed tons of stuffs ^^

out of nowhere i got greeted with these stats for my gpu

i uploaded to images to compare the beta and the last version i used

--

i thank the developer dearly if this was intentional ^^

i wonder if its possible to add some more extra info on these GPUs? like their VRAM temp or their VRM temps?

---

and finally; i would like to add a couple of questions?

what is "input pp source power"?

is it normal for first gpu core outpower to range between 5w and 100w+ in quick bursts?

if i substitute the gpu core (nvdd) input power from total power consumption ; would I get VRAM power consumption, or the total sum of the other parts in the GPU other than the core itself?

oh and finally, those +12v readings, are they supposed to be what GPU gets from the PSU? Let's say my PSU would give 11.7v from +12v, would I have seen 11.7 readout from those sensors?

Attachments

• wowamazing.png
    wowamazing.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 35
  • wowamazing2.png
    wowamazing2.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 33
Yes, this was an intentional addition - "Added per-rail voltage and power monitoring on NVIDIA GPUs."
Power to the GPU is provided via various rails (from the PCIe slot or 6-/8-pin connectors). This is then divided into dedicated blocks on the card, GPU ASIC, memory, etc.
Some of those rails are capable of monitoring the current on input or output side, some others estimate the power consumption based on dedicated modelling/activity counters.
The reporting is specific to each card model and its power delivery capabilities.
Some of the values reported are a sum of other rails. In your case it seems that the NVDD power (sum) is the sum of 6- and 8-pin connectors, and Input PP Power (sum) is the total power provided by the PCIe slot.
Subtracting the input power from total power won't give you the VRAM power. This is also because all these rails are the Input, so power delivered to the card before being split into dedicated VRAM/core/etc. rails on card. You'll need to look at the Output powers for values like VRAM power, but the card doesn't explicitly state their meaning.

Last edited:
Back