New Computer

Cmp_Cmndo

Only had this computer for a couple days. Some of the voltages are way off:
Vbat - 1.5V
3.3V - 2V
Even though it's a desktop, it has a Dell EC. No sure what the fan rpm's are supposed to be.

Attachments

• Inspiron_660.zip
    47.9 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the report. Is there any tool (maybe from DELL) able to show correct values? Or can you maybe see them in the BIOS?
If yes, please post the correct values and I'll adjust HWiNFO.

BIOS is American Megatrends with very few features. It is not UEFI.
Did perform BIOS update from A10 to A11. It was all done from within Windows, never booted into a different environment & never even asked to reboot upon completion. At the Dell splash screen, it doesn't even tell you how to enter the BIOS, but I've used lots of Dells & they are always F2.

There are no settings for PCI-e graphics card, but after I installed it, 1st power up, it automatically restarted & recognized the video card as the primary. Probably don't really need the card, but it came out of the old computer. Other models of this Dell do have a separate graphics card which is probably why it worked.

When initializing HWInfo sensors, it always displays the warning about the Dell EC. I don't disable it & the 5 items displayed are shown in the attached pic. I will rarely used the hardware monitoring on this computer, but the System Summary is always handy when questions arise.

BTW, SpeedFan gives the same results for the fans as HWInfo, but displays nothing for voltages. My HP laptop is the business line with a lot more BIOS features & it's UEFI capable.

Dell appears to have nothing for their consumer line. You must have encountered this with Dells before?
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19271533/19475736.aspx

Probably temp monitoring will be the only useful monitoring.

As always, the work you have done is truly incredible. You are light-years beyond all the other tools. I still use CPU-Z, not sure why.

Attachments

• 2013-12-05_052438.jpg
    2013-12-05_052438.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 6
AMI BIOSes should have a kind of System Health section in the BIOS, which displays correct sensor values. Have you properly walked thru all BIOS screens if there is maybe something like that? In case you find such, please post a photo of that screen.

Not this one. See photos.

Also noticed in the System Summary, 2 listings for the same Matshita DVD drive, SATA & ATAPI. There are no ATAPI drives, in fact, the PSU has no molex connectors.

Attachments

• Inspiron660_BIOS.zip
    291.9 KB · Views: 2
v4.30
Don't know what you did, but Vbat is now correct at 3.12V.
3.3V still says 1.99V

System Summary, 2 listings for the same Matshita DVD drive, SATA & ATAPI.
It's SATA. It could be just the drive reporting & there could be 2 versions of the same drive, 1 SATA, the other ATAPI.

Still trying to decide if the onboard graphics (Intel HD Graphics 2500) is better than the add-on card, nVidia GeForce GT620. I suspect the card may take some load off the cpu.

Cmp_Cmndo said:
Not this one.  See photos.

Also noticed in the System Summary, 2 listings for the same Matshita DVD drive, SATA & ATAPI.  There are no ATAPI drives, in fact, the PSU has no molex connectors.

Never got an answer to this.

Attachments

• 2014-11-09_084759.jpg
    2014-11-09_084759.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 6
I revisited this when HWInfo reported than the 6Gbps SSD was connected to a 3Gbps SATA port.  There are 4 ports & there are no docs to say which port is what speed.  It appears that only 1 is 6Gbps.  The pic shows the only place that indicates this, correct?  Boot time is significantly reduced, from 20sec to 10sec.

Attachments

• 2014-11-10_064738.jpg
    2014-11-10_064738.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 2014-11-10_065030.jpg
    2014-11-10_065030.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 2
Yes, that should be correct.
You might also check the Bus tree and have a look at the SATA controllers - each of them should give you some information about its port capabilities and actual state, though it won't tell you which exact device is attached to which port.

Cmp_Cmndo

The program shows the correct speed, but the restriction on cross-cutting capacity devices imposes the proposed back in 1945 J. Von Neumann computer architecture th in which all devices are united through a common communication channel with memory. Here the channel and acts as a limiter. HDD / SSD, optical drives and other perefiya connected to the RAM via a common communication channel and divide its resources among themselves, so that transfer more data than it can not miss, and in today's microcomputer (IBM PC belongs to this class), its capacity is about 2 - 4 GB / s in each direction, and this value is the limit for them. Grand Canal will not miss, and ports of the device is specially made to release a faster controller dropping data in its buffer (and it is not so great), and the controller is already available as the main channel itself will forward them to the RAM. So the reason for finding no error, just have to ask, "How is it generally works?" and explain it to you because it really is quite complex things and they do not just explain everything understandable language.

Martin said:
It should be in the latest version (4.48). Is there still a problem ?

It's not in latest version (4.48).

Attachments

• 2014-12-12_074649.jpg
    2014-12-12_074649.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 2014-12-12_074943.jpg
    2014-12-12_074943.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 1
You're right, my attempt to fix it doesn't work properly.
Will give it another try in the next build ;)

Martin said:
Thanks for the replay, Martin.
At least it's not something I did.  I'll start another thread on a newer computer (HP Stream 7 tablet.)

Cmp_Cmndo said:
Martin said:

It's fixed now in v4.50-2400.  Good job!

Same computer with Windows 10TP, Build 9879 and 9926, it's not fixed. Not a dual listing, but shows as ATAPI only, when it's a SATA.
Could be a Windows 10 issue & not a HWInfo64 issue?

Attachments

• HWiNFO64_9879.DBG
    667.4 KB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO64_9926.DBG
    391 KB · Views: 1
  • 2015-01-29_065613.jpg
    2015-01-29_065613.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 1
This is because the storage drivers don't provide any information about that drive, so HWiNFO can use only generic methods which don't allow a better identification.

Martin said:
This is because the storage drivers don't provide any information about that drive, so HWiNFO can use only generic methods which don't allow a better identification.

Drivers are different.

Win10 Driver
cdrom.sys:  6/21/2006; v10.0.9926.0

Win7 Drivers
cdrom.sys:  6/21/2006. v6.1.7601.17614
iaStorF.sys: v12.8.0.1016 (Intel)  From Win7, copied this to Win10: windows/system32/drivers

Now have to test by booting back to Win10.
Didn't work.

Back