New User, Results Question

Falker_The

Hello folks,

I'm trying to track down a problem on a new build and recently installed HWiNFO to gather more data. Now, I'm not entirely sure what should stand out to me as an anomaly as it's been quite a while since I built or ran a PC (20 years...). The issue that I'm facing is random shutdowns after installing a new CPU and Memory. Not a software crash but a hardware crash where the power and reset buttons on the case no longer work and I have to turn the PSU off and back on to get the computer going again.

I downloaded HWiNFO to see if anything was overheating, but it's not. Everything is quite cool.

The question I have for this forum is that I notice a lot of very momentary 100% spikes in the CPU cores and I'm not sure if that's normal. ie. Cores 1 and 4 will jump to 100% for a moment while everything else is idle (I'm only running HWiNFO). Is that normal?

If it matters, here's the specs of my build:
Ryzen 5 2600X
GSkill Trident Z 8GBx2 3200mhz CL14
Asus Prime X370 Pro
Samsung 500GB SSD
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SuperClocked Black
Corsair CX650M

Thanks a bunch

I think this is quite normal, there might be some background tasks running that perform such small, but high load tasks. I suggest to check in Task Manager which processes are causing this.

ok, thanks, Martin. I will check that. If I don't see anything there that would cause random spikes would it still be relatively normal to see those spikes in HWiNFO? I tried checking a few YT videos of people using the app to see if theirs, too showed that, many did not.

I'm asking because I'm trying to rule out the processor as faulty.

Back