No IGP Utilization

wawans1975

Hi Martin
There are no IGP utilizations during lux mark 2.0 benchmark, but it gives score on that IGP alone :). This is happening only after wake my pc from sleep. Could you check it out?. I attached zip file of log, debug and ss of sensors windows during benchmark.
Thanks

Attachments

• New folder (2).zip
    394.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi wawans1975,

but for me it make sense that, in case of you have a dedicated graphic adapter installed, the graphic chip in the CPU does nothing! I assume you run the benchmark from 0:48 to 2:55 (log times):

[attachment=1101]

Attachments

• Logs.jpg
    Logs.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 8
Is the issue concerning the iGPU utilization only?
After reboot does it work properly?
Does the attached Debug File capture the sleep/resume sequence the the issue?

Martin said:
1. Is the issue concerning the iGPU utilization only?
2. After reboot does it work properly?
3. Does the attached Debug File capture the sleep/resume sequence the the issue?
1. Bonaire works after sleep and get sensor read, just Spectre (IGP) not read
2. Yes
3. No, I closed HwInfo before sleep.

TomWoB said:
Hi wawans1975,

in case of you have a dedicated graphic adapter installed, the graphic chip in the CPU does nothing!

http://www.pcper.com/news/Processors/Fully-Enabling-A10-7850K-while-Utilizing-Standalone-GPU
0 :48 - 2:55 i run benchmark using dedicated graphic then igp

I'm afraid, I don't think there's anything I can do about this issue.
HWiNFO reads the IGP utilization straight from the GPU registers. If a sleep/resume sequence causes this to stop working, it might be an issue of the VBIOS or GPU drivers.

Martin said:
If a sleep/resume sequence causes this to stop working, it might be an issue of the VBIOS or GPU drivers.
Well, running luxmark benchmark still show result number (265) after resume, just sensors might not read utilization?

i attached another log and debug, this time before sleep (running dedicated then igp then both) and after resume (running the same), maybe some thing else miss..

Edit: I 'm soon filling AMD Issue Reporting Form for this issue, may be they can solve this.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    233.4 KB · Views: 2
Hm, there seems to be another method for measuring utilization which could (seems to) work after resume.
I'll check how to integrate that...

Martin said:
Try this build, it should fix it ;) www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_445_2302.zip
Let me know...

Still no IGP Util. But what i found that if i start my pc with a second monitor on IGP then sleep/ resume there's IGP Util or if i put to sleep/ resume second time without a second monitor. May be just something not registered right, i don't know.

Btw, thanks you for your support.

Anyway i think you mixed information between igp and dedicated graphics . Please see pics attachment (SS taken with using 2 monitor on igp and dedicated card).

Attachments

• PrimaryHD7790-.jpg
    PrimaryHD7790-.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 2
  • EnabledAdapter(Spectre)-.jpg
    EnabledAdapter(Spectre)-.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 3
Back