No longer able to see VRM temps when I used to

Architekt

I have an Asus Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard. In the current version of HWInfo64 I don't see any VRM value I can monitor. But in whatever the previous version was before I updated it used to be there. Is this a bug? Or is there something I need to enable in the bios? Or is it just simply not supported? I found an older thread from 2018 that said that formula boards didn't support VRM monitoring, but it's 2021 so I don't know if things have changed and I'm also confused as to why the sensor used to be there. Thanks!

There was no change in HWiNFO that would remove the VRM temperature on that board. Do you recall where and how the VRM temperature was shown before?
It's quite likely that it's not supported here, or some BIOS update removed it from reporting.
If you'd attach the HWiNFO Debug File I could check the details.

My BIOS version HAS changed as well so that could be part of it. I'm on version 3302. I believe the VRM temps were under one of the motherboard headers (there's a few). One is "Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Formula (Nuvoton NCT6798D)", another is "System: ASUS System Product Name" and a third is "Asus EC: ASUS System Product Name" but this latter only has entries for my 4 DIMMs so I doubt that was it. I could be wrong, but I believe it was in the vicinity of where the values like VDDP, TSI1 (PCH), Vcore, etc were displayed. Attached is my debug file.

Edit: I should add that I just tried with AIDA64 and it shows the VRM temp and it does increase if I apply a max load to the CPU. The value doesn't change much. Idle is 37C, all cores loaded is roughly 42C but I have all fans at max and my CPU AIO cooler has a fan on it designed specifically to cool the VRMs.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG.7z
    150 KB · Views: 1
It should be under the ASUS EC sensor. You have disabled "EC Support" in HWiNFO, so that's the reason why it's not shown among other values from the EC.

Back