No longer showing CPU Fan

doveman

Previous versions of HwInfo have shown my CPU fan speed but the latest version no longer does (nor did the previous version I was using before I just updated).

CPUID Hardware Monitor does still show CPUFAN 56%. I don't know if that's accurate but it at least shows that there is a fan sensor.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    541.2 KB · Views: 5
According to the Debug File, it doesn't seem that either of the sensors returns a correct fan speed value. This might either be a mainboard/BIOS or fan malfunction. I'm either not sure if the CPUID Hardware Monitor fan speed value is accurate when it doesn't display a straight RPM value.
But just to be sure - please attach a screenshot of HWiNFO, so that I can see all sensor values (there should be two Fintek sensors present).

I've only got one fan connected, so that's why the other sensors don't return a valid value.

I've just checked in the BIOS and that is no longer showing the CPU fan speed either. I increased the minimum speed from 50% to 85% and then saw it flicker to around 440RPM, which is still much lower than is accurate, so either the MB sensor is faulty or the sensor in the fan itself is I guess. I'll have to see if I've got another fan I can test with.

Back