No memory errors reading for GTX 1080

Sythrix

What the title says. I've tried searching this issue but came up blank. There are no memory error readings for my Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming graphics card. It's strange because on my other computer which has an RX 480, the memory errors report was right there under all the other GPU info. All other relevant info for the 1080 is there as far as I can tell.

Do Nvidia cards not have the ability to monitor memory errors? Or is it just the 1080 that has this problem? I know my 1080 has a stability issue, but I can't determine what it is and was hoping to find out if I was getting any memory errors.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• HWINFO.jpg
    HWINFO.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 5
Monitor of GPU Memory Errors is only possible on some AMD GPUs, not on NVIDIA.

Sythrix

For advanced tasks necessary to process large amounts of data that requires an increase in the volume of memory chips, but the probability of errors in the memory chips is growing as increasing their capacity because it reduces the size of the cell and any charged particle is flown through the thickness of the crystal can cause an inversion of its condition.

To prevent such errors using error-correcting codes with redundancy (ECC) that allow you to eliminate such errors. At the same time the need for the withdrawal of single statistics are no errors, and if errors are repeated at the same address will work control circuit and install a signal node failure. The probability of occurrence of two or more multiple errors (ie, more than one error in one word memory) is much lower than the one-time (approximately one double fault in the 600 - 700 single, greater multiplicity of errors occur even several thousand times less, and the higher their the multiplicity of the less likely their occurrence) and the video subsystem to work they have no effect because bit error will be corrected in the processing of the image, and if an error has appeared in the frame buffer, the next frame overwrites it, and in any case, the eye does not notice it.

Therefore, the real need for the withdrawal of such statistics is not, well, except that advertising. And in this area, each is crazy about her. :)

Back