Overwrite HWiNFO64.ini on Install...?

Canister

OK, perhaps dumb question, but searching didn't turn up an answer...

I am updating to latest version and the installer is asking me: Do you want to overwrite HWiNFO64.ini? ("The file already exists").

Will that overwrite my settings? I wouldn't want to do that.

Either way, the installer should make that clear, for those of us that haven't really been using it until recently.

Thanks again for the awesome program!

Yes, overwriting that file will overwrite some of your settings, but only those that are portable (stored in the INI file).
Those are the settings you see in the main program settings.

Yes, overwriting that file will overwrite some of your settings, but only those that are portable (stored in the INI file).
Those are the settings you see in the main program settings.
Thank you for the awesome work on the app! Just as a suggestion, I believe this should be left unchecked by default. I was updating HWInfo the other day and quickly clicking through the boxes. I clicked "yes" on the overwrite and realized what I did one second later.

Fortunately the sorting was preserved!

Thanks for the responses. It would be cool if the installer told us what that choice does. I chose not to overwrite and HWiNFO installed fine. Yay!

OK, I will modify the installer to never overwrite the INI file when it already exists.

Or still give the option, but tell what it will do as some people may want that, though I admit I still don't fully understand it.

Either way I am good now that you explained it to me. Thanks again!

Back