"PCH power" missing in hwinfo

jad

Hello all, i was recently looking at hwinfo metrics in two 11th gen intel laptops (one asus, one lenovo) and the asus laptop had a unit reading "PCH power" while the lenovo laptop does not have pch power.
Is there any way to get "PCH power" to show up on the lenovo laptop?

Also when i enable "PCH thermal device" nothing shows up on both laptops is there any way to get the chipset temperature to show up?

The lenovo laptop in question is a lenovo thinkpad e14 gen 2 (intel version). (i5 1135g7).
The asus laptop that does have "PCH power" is an asus zenbook 14 ux435 (again intel version). (i7 1165g7).

I am using the latest version of hwinfo (v7.16-4650).

Thanks.

This difference is most likely due to different BIOS settings or power delivery design. We cannot enable these values when they are not available.

Reactions: jad
PCH temperature is a different case. On all later systems (11th Gen and later) the interface used to read PCH temperature is disabled by BIOS and (unlike previous generations) it cannot be enabled back.

Reactions: jad
PCH temperature is a different case. On all later systems (11th Gen and later) the interface used to read PCH temperature is disabled by BIOS and (unlike previous generations) it cannot be enabled back.
Ah OK, thanks for the quick and helpful responses Martin.

Back