Possible to support RadeonPRO for OSD?

I have checked that site and I don't see any information how to interface with their OSD. Maybe it's not possible.
But I see you posted this question on their forums, so let's see if they will answer it.

Martin said:
I have checked that site and I don't see any information how to interface with their OSD. Maybe it's not possible.
But I see you posted this question on their forums, so let's see if they will answer it.

Generally every question gets answered on the community questions part of the RadeonPRO site, so one can only hope. If it is possible then it would be very extremely efficient for radeon users, as well as for 64 bit applications to come as RadeonPRO has already got 64bit app. support functionality integrated.

There is to be a version 2 of RadeonPRO released at an undisclosed date so not sure if John is planning to implement any further sensor monitoring or will just keep it to gpu, there isn't much information floating around unfortunately...

If it is possible, would you by chance consider it? I'm not a .dll coder by any means, can't concentrate well enough to learn handles due to rl stress at this point in time.

To note, RadeonPRO can also be used by nVidia users, just a number of radeon specific functions are do not work.

From my side, I'm willing to do that. There are 2 possible ways:
- HWiNFO exposes all sensors information for 3rd party plug-ins, so developers can integrate this (like HWiNFOMonitor, RainMeter plug-in for HWiNFO, etc).
- or HWiNFO can directly support particular 3rd party application if they expose their interface (this is the case of RTSS OSD)

Well that is great news for me, also potentially alot of other users that have the option of using 64 bit versions of applications/games seeing as RTSS is not compatible with 64 bit versions at present, not likely to be for a while either.

Still awaiting a reply on radeonPRO site for the question I posted, John will get around to it, hopefully sooner rather than later though I know what it is like to have time constraints...

Which is why I feel the need to say thank you for your time to reply ;)

To update this thread slightly, received a reply to my thread from John on RadeonPRO forum, just asking what I would be interested in seeing displayed on screen.

Just received a reply back from John on RadeonPRO forums, to quote:
--
Newer version of RadeonPro that's still in development already features CPU/RAM monitoring in OSD (CPU clock, load and temperature and RAM usage/total/available) so basic system monitoring will be possible out of the box. However HwINFO provides a plethora of information like GPU VRM temperature monitoring and other data that might be useful for hardcore users.

RTSS shared memory model is public so I guess I could code new RadeonPro to be compatible with RTSS model making it easier for Martin to write HwInfo data into RadeonPro shared memory.
--
So for anybody running x64 native programs, it is great news to hear as they can have a CPU/RAM/GPU OSD monitoring, at least in a stand-alone app from RadeonPRO v2. For enthusiasts or those that play with voltage it is still lacking unfortunately, in saying that though I'd never replace HWiNFO64 for monitoring the system and am guessing alot of other users would probably feel the same.

I'll have to post another thread on RadeonPRO forums to see just how compatible the app. is with nVidia cards, I did a search for x64 program compatible OSD software and came up blank, other than RadeonPRO which is good for Radeon users.

Thanks for the update.
If RadeonPro has a shared memory interface implemented, I'll go ahead and implement support of it, so it can pull data from all HWiNFO sensors too ;)

Martin said:
Thanks for the update.
If RadeonPro has a shared memory interface implemented, I'll go ahead and implement support of it, so it can pull data from all HWiNFO sensors too ;)

That sounds great and many thanks in advance for the implementation of support for RadeonPRO. I'll go and post on RadeonPRO forums in regards to compatibility for nVidia users to get more specifics for those that do run nVidia cards, which I might possibly be one in the future seeing as the 770's look quite nice ;)

Back