Power Reporting Deviation

Milos

Hello, i really don't know what to do. I have Gigabyte b550m s2h, r5 3500x, rx 5500xt 4gb..
I have like 200% average power reporting deviation. What i need to do? Can i fix that or that is ok ? Thanks everyone

Attachments

• OnPaste.20210330-232251.png
    OnPaste.20210330-232251.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 4
Its normal.
The power reporting deviation should be taken into account only under full CPU load. Everything else is not important at all.
Go to HWiNFO settings (gear icon downright on sensors window) and enable tooltips. Then hover the pointer over the sensors to read the description.

Its normal.
The power reporting deviation should be taken into account only under full CPU load. Everything else is not important at all.
Go to HWiNFO settings (gear icon downright on sensors window) and enable tooltips. Then hover the pointer over the sensors to read the description.
Okay, thank you very much. I readed that and its says ,,Cpu think it runs at lower power than actually is.''
Btw this result on my image is power reporting deviation on idle, so that is okay ?

Yes, on idle or medium loads PRD doesn’t matter at all. It could be anything from 0% to 600%.
If you want to know if your board lies, provides false feedback to the CPU about its power consumption, and by how much you can run Cinebench R20 multithread and see PRD during that.

Yes, on idle or medium loads PRD doesn’t matter at all. It could be anything from 0% to 600%.
If you want to know if your board lies, provides false feedback to the CPU about its power consumption, and by how much you can run Cinebench R20 multithread and see PRD during that.
Okay, thank you so much bro :)

Back