Pull sensors data to Arduino

kadutt

Hello, I wanted to have an OLED module that's connected to Arduino to display temps and other data from HWiNFO. Is it possible to pull the sensors data with C++ coding or libraries?
i'll be connecting the arduino to PC through USB.
Thanks in advance.

Hello, I wanted to have an OLED module that's connected to Arduino to display temps and other data from HWiNFO. Is it possible to pull the sensors data with C++ coding or libraries?
i'll be connecting the arduino to PC through USB.
Thanks in advance.
Did you ever get it working with Arduino? I was thinking about doing this as well.

You can push serial data over the USB cable

Then you would have to send serial from a service consuming the SDK (or maybe its possible with a plugin?).
Not 100% sure what is the best way to send this data, often I like working with JSON, but JSON has a larger footprint than HEX or ASCII.

But in theory you could read JSON like this here: https://arduinojson.org/v6/example/parser/

You will have to consider if you wish to support more than 1 GPU etc.(when making your data model).
But of course as a first try you can try to make an service in your computer that just connects to the SDK, reads CPU temp.
Then you can try to just push serial data to Arduino: CPUTEMP_123

Thenyou have the read and you can split this on _

This is just a hello world though :)But if you manage to do that, than you can continue to think about your data model and how to structure your data, if you need to support 1:n devices etc.

Hey !
That's exactly what I'd like to achieve.
It may be possible to get the data with python from the shared memory, then send it to the Arduino throught serial :

I would love to do that but I can"t really figure out how to get the information I need from the shared memory.

So if someone is still interested I that kind of thing...

Hello, this is a great question that I can see has not been answered in full detail yet. Arduino is not a small community, but apparently there are not a lot of arduino savvy people that are trying to do this, though I am not quite sure why, considering they have thought of accomplished and done so many cool projects its uncomprehendable. I think we have hit a middle ground here, its probably not worth the time for many people on here, and I would imagine to most arduino enthusiasts this would be a walk in the park but they don't really know you are trying to figure it out, or we.. (did you ever nail it down? OP) I did see a couple of good ideas in here and some good 'hello world' advice, but 'hello world' is how I learned every language I know from the beginning, so seeing hello world is always a great start!

I'd like to add I used to use and mess with Arduino devices a few years ago for a while, it taught me how to write code in C++, well other than some Apache .htaccess stuff, but notheless I still own a few Arduino devices and am very interested in coming up with something that uses this and fully integrades it into some kind of guage sensor or similar. I have been using HWinfo 64 for as long as I can remember being on modern PC's that were powerful enough to have the need to monitor hardware, and I love it, and use it on all of my PCs.

I will find the answer to this, and I will share it if noone has figured it out or shared it otherwise. I signed up for an account here just for this purpose. Wish me luck.. lol..

Thanks!

Back