Question about HWInfo64

SloppyMcFloppy

So I been using CPUID HWMonitor for quite a long time, and now I decided to switch to HWInfo64, and boy this software give me more details about my PC voltages and temperatures than CPUID HWMonitor. However, there are some reading that really concern me and confuse me as well. 

1) First of all, what the crap 125c on motherboard temp2 and temp5, what the hell is these reading?

2) About CPU core voltage reading, which one do I have to pay attention to? Vcore0,1,2,3 or VID 0,1,2,3?  I don't understand.

3) What is VCOREREFIN? 

My i7 4790k oc to 4.5ghz 1.24v 

adaptive voltage

additional voltage for turbo is 1.3v

offetset set " - "

This give me 1.24v for 100% load.

C states enable all the way to 7s for CPU Package.

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 13
Temp2 and Temp5 are most probably invalid readouts from sensors not connected on this mainboard model. They should be ignored.

Vcore0-3 values should be the ones. But note, that on systems with CPUs that have FIVR (Haswell, Broadwell) Vcore readouts are sometimes not accurate, especially in low-power states. That's why several mainboard vendors have switched to report VID instead of Vcore, especially when Vcore read is below 0.5 V.

Martin said:
Temp2 and Temp5 are most probably invalid readouts from sensors not connected on this mainboard model. They should be ignored.

Vcore0-3 values should be the ones. But note, that on systems with CPUs that have FIVR (Haswell, Broadwell) Vcore readouts are sometimes not accurate, especially in low-power states. That's why several mainboard vendors have switched to report VID instead of Vcore, especially when Vcore read is below 0.5 V.

So about the motherboard temp2 and temp5, i don't need to worry about it right? It a ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 mobo with 4x 32GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance high profile ram XMP enable.

I were literary shocked when I saw 125c temperature on the temp2 and temp5 under motherboard section. I also asked myself, if it on 125c, how come my CPU and GPU runs cool while gaming max load under 80C.

Back