R5 3600 regarding prochot cpu/ext

redeus

Hi guys,

I've noticed on "Thermal throttling:" for (prochot cpu/prochot ext) "Maximum" row it states Yes in red yet my temps are within 70c and 40-50c idle nothing pass that even while gaming. So I cleared and let my pc sit the whole day just to make sure (idle), came back and it states "Yes" again on the maximum row. Current/Minimum states "No". Is this some kind of bug or something?

My (HTC) is perfectly fine though, don't have any screenshot at the moment since I've cleared the values, will update if it comes back again.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600 (default no oc)
B450m Steel Legend (updated bios v2.90)
8gb
Gtx 1060 6gb (oc'ed)

Thanks in advance!

This has already been discussed here.
If only PROCHOT EXT is asserted, it means it wasn't the CPU that is overheating, but some other component (most likely the SIO or Embedded Controller) that issued this signal.
If all temperatures are OK, then it might be caused either by some very short spike that wasn't caught by HWiNFO or some bug on the mainboard (BIOS/firmware, sensor).

This has already been discussed here.
If only PROCHOT EXT is asserted, it means it wasn't the CPU that is overheating, but some other component (most likely the SIO or Embedded Controller) that issued this signal.
If all temperatures are OK, then it might be caused either by some very short spike that wasn't caught by HWiNFO or some bug on the mainboard (BIOS/firmware, sensor).

Thank you for the info, learned something today. Sorry I did searched probably didn't found anything similar. Right now it's still both EXT/CPU stating Yes at max after reseting (while idling only). Played few hours of gaming without stutters and tested heaven's benchmark had nothing came up, I'm guessing it's my mobo's firmware, it only comes while I'm ildling for hours.

Thank you for the info, learned something today. Sorry I did searched probably didn't found anything similar. Right now it's still both EXT/CPU stating Yes at max after reseting (while idling only). Played few hours of gaming without stutters and tested heaven's benchmark had nothing came up, I'm guessing it's my mobo's firmware, it only comes while I'm ildling for hours.
Anything overclocked and overvoltaged other than the actual CPU clock? Like DRAM, InfinityFabric, I/O in general...

Anything overclocked and overvoltaged other than the actual CPU clock? Like DRAM, InfinityFabric, I/O in general...

The only thing overclocked is my gpu, other than that everything is set to default. Right now I've changed the polling rate to 2000ms instead of 500ms that might be causing the load on idle. Surprisingly after benchmarking cinebench, gaming for house etc there isn't any error. The issue only comes up on idle after 5-6 hours with 500ms poll rate. ext/cpu "Yes" although htc is always "NO"

Edit: Now I'm testing it with 1000ms poll on the beta version v6.21-4055

Last edited:
Back