RAID0 array causing hardlock.

altecice

Hey there,

Just thought I would let you know that I cannot use your software at the moment. whenever it launches as is at the part of detecting drives it hard locks my PC and forces me to restart.

Currently I have:
x2 Samsung 830 128GB ssd's in raid0 config
Named as "AMD 2+0 Stripe/RAID0 SCSI Disk Device"

Motherboard:
Asus Crosshair V formula-Z (990x chipset, using the AMD SATA ports not the 3rd party)

Windows 8.1 pro x64

----

If it helps any I am using the windows 7 x64 RAID drivers on the Asus website and the AMD RAIDXpert/FUEL software that gets installed as part of the chipset driver install.

(Attaching the log files in a second)

Thanks
Alt

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    284.9 KB · Views: 2
It seems this problem is caused by the ASMedia SATA/RAID driver.
Disabling the Drive Scan in HWiNFO should allow to run HWiNFO, though no drive information/status will be retrieved.
Another way might be trying to change the ASMedia driver to another version to see if a certain version would work.

Martin said:
It seems this problem is caused by the ASMedia SATA/RAID driver.
Disabling the Drive Scan in HWiNFO should allow to run HWiNFO, though no drive information/status will be retrieved.
Another way might be trying to change the ASMedia driver to another version to see if a certain version would work.

Hmm I think it may be because I have my SSD raid in the AMD ports and have two other HDD's in the two ASMedia drivers. I will check if there is an update for the driver.

I appear to be on the latest windows 8.1 x64 driver: :(

Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V2.0.1.916 Windows 8.1 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
----

Just noticed it was developed on the (2013.09.16)...

It's possible, that the latest ASMedia driver causes this and an older version works...

Back