Resizing of sensor window upon desktop resolution change

Fr0stX76

Hi Martin,

Quick question. Is there a way to prevent the sensor window from resizing everytime the desktop resolution is lowered?

I ask because in order for Gsync to trigger in some games when using a lower in-game resolution, I need to change the desktop resolution to match the in-game (or else Gsync does not trigger at all). This is true for many DX12 titles, Cyberpunk 2077 being one of them.

Whenever I change the desktop resolution (to 1440p), while the sensor window is minimized, when back to my normal resolution (4K), it seems like the sensor windows (and any graph running) is now downsized to fit in 1440p.

If this is not possible, would it be doable to have an option for the sensor window not to resize upon changing to a lower resolution? At least when the sensor window is minimized. I know it is a minor annoyance, and I can live with it, but I tought I would ask...

Thanks,
Dominic

I'm afraid this is not in our control but automatically performed by Windows.

I assume you mean because the resolution change is resizing any window to fit the screen. I think this is driven by WDM. And for sure there is nothing that can be done at the software level to prevent this.

What I don't undertand is how come Hwinfo is affected by resolution changes when it is in the system tray only. I have many other software in the system tray only and none of them get resized when the resolution is dropped if they are in the tray only, but rather if they are opened or minimized in the taskbar (not tray).. Maybe it has to do with how the system tray option is implemented in Hwinfo?

Anyway, as I said, this is a minor annoyance I can live with.

Back