Rev 3.50 is beautiful

cnmoore

3.50 is great. I love having the graphs. But there might be a problem? I left 3 graphs running and at some point HWiNFO32 stopped working and had to close (I didn't notice until later). Graphs were grayed out.
I think the graphs were running for a few hours.

I see that it is possible to set the Y axis bounds and even set the color of the trace. :D :D

Is there a way how to reproduce that problem?

cnmoore said:
3.50 is great. I love having the graphs. But there might be a problem? I left 3 graphs running and at some point HWiNFO32 stopped working and had to close (I didn't notice until later). Graphs were grayed out.
I think the graphs were running for a few hours.

I see that it is possible to set the Y axis bounds and even set the color of the trace. :D :D

I will run that. In the meantime, I ran 4 graphs overnight and the program was grayed out in the morning. From event log: Time stamped 4/28/2010 12:03:27 AM so it hadn't been running very long.
Faulting application name: HWiNFO32.EXE, version: 3.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bd6a987
Faulting module name: HWiNFO32.EXE, version: 3.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bd6a987
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00064fc7
Faulting process id: 0x1154
Faulting application start time: 0x01cae6800ce28610
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HWiNFO32\HWiNFO32.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HWiNFO32\HWiNFO32.EXE
Report Id: 24a5b635-5294-11df-ad8a-18a905c0e9da
It automatically made a dbg file (attached) when Windows 7 shut it down but of course no report could be generated.

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.7z
    50.2 KB · Views: 112
There appears to be a massive memory leak in HWInfo32 v3.50 beta 721 when running in the background with 3 tray icons displaying temps. AnVir Task Manager Pro clocked HWInfo32 using 218Mb but when I restarted the process with Process Lasso Pro the new process for HWInfo32 was only 20Mb in size!

So, I'm assuming now over time, HWInfo32 will increase it's use of memory... have to wait and see...

HWiNFO32 allocates memory while the Sensor scanning is active. This is because it saves all values into memory, so they all can be then exported into a Report File. However, this should not be so much.
It is important to check if the huge memory allocation happens also when no tray icons are active.

ckit said:
There appears to be a massive memory leak in HWInfo32 v3.50 beta 721 when running in the background with 3 tray icons displaying temps. AnVir Task Manager Pro clocked HWInfo32 using 218Mb but when I restarted the process with Process Lasso Pro the new process for HWInfo32 was only 20Mb in size!

So, I'm assuming now over time, HWInfo32 will increase it's use of memory... have to wait and see...

Doubleclick on a value in the sensors window or righ-click and select "Graph".

cnmoore said:
I can't remember how to turn on graphs. I thought the option was in 'Display Config', but no..

Is there any way to change the graph's horizontal scale (time interval between readings)? It would be a nice feature, for instance if a person wants to see an overnight curve.

It's easy to change the vertical scale, which is very cool.

No, this is currently not possible.
However, when you create a logfile, all recorded sensor values will be stored there so you can import them into a program for postprocessing.

cnmoore said:
Is there any way to change the graph's horizontal scale (time interval between readings)? It would be a nice feature, for instance if a person wants to see an overnight curve.

It's easy to change the vertical scale, which is very cool.

Back