Rocket Lake; Core Temp Mins 0

ezflma

Hi, I have an i7-11700K (running stock) on a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D motherboard with the latest BIOS (F20d). I've noticed that v7.03-4450 during Sensor Status will occasionally / eventually report the individual Core minimum temps to 0c, which also affects the Core Distance to TJMax to then read 100c.

Resetting the timers and values will trigger the max temps to appear again. Using the same board and BIOS version, but with an i7-10700K, did not exhibit this behavior. I also tested the Rocket Lake chip on 6.43-4385 and had the same behavior.

Attachments

• 0c-core-min-11700k.jpg
    0c-core-min-11700k.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 13

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
This might be an occasional glitch in sensor readout, how hard to say exactly until I can see the raw data captured in the HWiNFO Debug File.

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
It's strange, but that's really what the CPU reports. It's most likely some bug, perhaps some BIOS update will fix this.

ezflma

Thanks for taking the time to respond; there’s a “new” bios posted on tweaktown but they haven’t posted to Gigabyte’s site yet. When it does, I’ll flash the board, retest and respond back. Thanks again.

ezflma

I did upgrade to the new F20 (non-beta) BIOS that Gigabyte posted last night. Continue to see 0c. I'm on microcode 0x34, which is older, but I'm at the mercy of Gigabyte's BIOS releases. Apparently 0x39 and 0x3c are newer, but Gigabyte hasn't released these microcode BIOS updates for their Z490 boards.

ezflma

For what it's worth, I returned the i7-11700K for an i9-10850K -- no issues. Either it was a BIOS issue, or given the issues I've had with that RKL chip, perhaps the CPU's thermal sensors were faulty.