Second Vega 64 reporting things wrong.

Hello there, just reporting a bug with Hwinfo reporting ( no pun intended ). I had to reinstall windows so I decided to update HWinfo, finally. I have two Vega 64 LC graphics cards and second GPU reports wrong values. I am not that familiar with how Vega idles, I assume it's similar to Ryzen. Only noticed this happening with new version of Hwinfo though.

Screenshot_1.png

I was unable to bug it out again, just to confirm that was ULPS. Might want to put one click disable ULPS in Hwinfo. I am wondering if newer AMD GPUs are affected by ULPS issues, if it's just Vega then it wouldn't matter too much. No one really run these in their machines anymore.

Can you attach the HWiNFO Debug File with ULPS? I would like to analyze it and see if I can come up with some workaround.

Can you attach the HWiNFO Debug File with ULPS? I would like to analyze it and see if I can come up with some workaround.
I could, but ULPS is enabled after restart in regedit. But it doesn't cause any reporting issues. It seemed to be one time thing with clean windows install.

Debug - file -

Thanks. I think I'll be able to come up with some workaround that won't display such erratic values in ULPS.

I think having ULPS enabled shuts one GPU completely off. I have seen second card turning red leds off and just doing nothing completely. Might as well report all values as 0 if it's disabled. I haven't seen it do that with this windows install or with this specific GPU driver.

Thank you for keeping Hwinfo updated and making sure it works correctly. I been running it with RTSS everyday since 2014, it helped me with all sorts of tweaking / overclocking / troubleshooting.

I have one more debugging - file - with the issue occuring. Assuming vbios flash reset ULPS. Seemingly things are more stable with Vega 56 vbios.

UE4 kept on crashing my PC, but that can also be caused by HBCC segment. Regardless, seems fine now.

Hmm, this one is weird and the 2nd GPU sometimes returns erratic telemetry data which could explain the odd values shown in HWiNFO.
Not sure if/how I could workaround this case.

Hmm, this one is weird and the 2nd GPU sometimes returns erratic telemetry data which could explain the odd values shown in HWiNFO.
Not sure if/how I could workaround this case.
Well, one more area where these Vegas are buggy to oblivion. At least it reports values fine after disabling ULPS, which re-enables itself. However after disabling it, values remain correct. Also GPU itself should be fine, I did some rendering on it the other day.

I am also wondering if this could be somehow caused by running non original bios on these cards. Although I had original bios when it first started reporting things wrong, also this issue didn't occur with older Hwinfo build. Older version of Hwinfo would report these as 0.

Back