Sensor OSD issues.....

Vimes

Hi

MSI Afterburner and RTSS have not changed in their revision for some time and have been used in combination with HWiNFO, for an OSD within games. I have used build 7.66, updated from 7.64 that worked fine, and I'm having an issue. This issue does not resolve by going back to 7.64 or the beta 7.67.

The problem is, when the PC boots, sensors etc minimised, I guarantee that the OSD from the sensors within HWiNFO will not display on any game UNTIL I right click on the sensors icon within the systems tray to display them. At that point they seem "frozen" as tho they are not polling. But within a second or two they start reporting and then display in any game.
Not frozen as in crashed or locked, but just not working. That only lasts for a second or two and then they are fine.

Nothing, that I'm aware of, has changed in the settings....

Sensors.png

Not a big deal, I now just need to open the sensors when the PC boots and wait for them to start working. But that did not need to happen.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Try to disable PresentMon support if that will help.
If not, it would be interesting to capture the situation in Debug File.

Try to disable PresentMon support if that will help.
If not, it would be interesting to capture the situation in Debug File.

The PresentMon has been disabled, should have mentioned that.....

preset.png

under Safety (settings) if I enable Debug mode and then reboot the PC and perform the same test as shown in that video at what point will the debug reporting end and where would I find the file to link..?

Thanks

End it when you open the sensors window and values start updating. Then close HWiNFO and grab the HWiNFO64.DBG file located where HWiNFO is installed.

End it when you open the sensors window and values start updating. Then close HWiNFO and grab the HWiNFO64.DBG file located where HWiNFO is installed.

Hopefully I have done this debug testing correct...?

Thank, please see attached.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    194.2 KB · Views: 1
I don't see any issue in HWiNFO itself.
Could the problem be how the HWiNFO task is configured in Task Scheduler for starting at logon?

Thanks, no issues or special conditions applied with task scheduler.

Task.png

I just know that all the OSD will absolutely not display until the sensors tab is opened up from the system tray as shown in the video. Then it will work as expected.

As mentioned, this did not use to happen this way.

Ah, I think I know where the problem is :p
Enable the "Show Sensors on Startup" option.

Ah, I think I know where the problem is :p
Enable the "Show Sensors on Startup" option.

I refuse to admit how long I had been working on that one :D
Untitled.png

If I had remembered unticking the option then I might just have remembered to test it out. Doh...!

Going back under my rock now.

Just testing you ;)

Back