Sensor window redesign

PhotM said:
Martin, how much are you into W 8? Are you considering a W 8 Metro tile for HWiNFO? Or are you going to stick to W 8 Retro, legacy mode? I have to admit, for the amount of time I have spent in W 8, I have spent less than 0.01% of my time in Metro and have not even explored the apps there. o_O :D

Crysta

Well, honestly... I'm not very much into W8, in fact, not at all :) Personally I don't like it and I don't see any reason to use this system. As for Metro, I think it's absolutely unusable for desktop computers. So currently I have no plans for a Metro app/tile. Let's wait what Win 8.1 (Blue) will bring - it might be something like Vista->Win7 ;)

Martin said:
PhotM said:
Martin, how much are you into W 8? Are you considering a W 8 Metro tile for HWiNFO? Or are you going to stick to W 8 Retro, legacy mode? I have to admit, for the amount of time I have spent in W 8, I have spent less than 0.01% of my time in Metro and have not even explored the apps there. o_O :D

Crysta

Well, honestly... I'm not very much into W8, in fact, not at all :) Personally I don't like it and I don't see any reason to use this system. As for Metro, I think it's absolutely unusable for desktop computers. So currently I have no plans for a Metro app/tile. Let's wait what Win 8.1 (Blue) will bring - it might be something like Vista->Win 7 ;)
I understand :p I have had it sitting here since last year. :D I don't have much use for a Tablet Screen on my Desktop neither, Martin. Besides my EeePad Tablet works just fine, but Martin, W 8 is really, really FAST with allot of background self repair features and a much better updater. I am amazed, like blown away. I am going to update a new W 7 SP 1 Pro Partition that is complete with all of my apps to W 8 Pro this afternoon. My W 7 SP 1 Pro is running quite fast for W 7 since I put the 99 Hotfixes Package Rollup for Enterprise in(it is really for ALL W 7 OS. It is said that it is the closest W 7 is going to get to a SP 2???). Startup is awesome as well but I have never seen W 7 on this PC or any other PC fly like W 8 does(I believe you have my Rigs stats already?), so we will see after the upgrade on the FULL Kit/Rig.... ;) I haven't found any trouble finding my way around the differences. I like it, and that saying something for a 61 year old :D :lol: ..... We are heavy into MultiBoot and Paragon with a bit of EaseUS on the side..... :s :p

Crysta

Well, indeed it has an improved kernel and supports several new technologies. From this point of view it's interesting.
I just personally don't like the fact that it has been built because of the recent ultrabook/tablet euphoria - and that doesn't seem to have met the expectations. In many areas the new standards/techs are bringing more limitations than advantages and some sort of central control.
Just my personal opinion...
That doesn't mean I'm ignoring W8 - I needed to perform several modifications to HWiNFO in order to be able to run there and I'm still solving some issues with that system... I just don't believe in such system in such form ;)

Martin said:
Well, indeed it has an improved kernel and supports several new technologies. From this point of view it's interesting.
I just personally don't like the fact that it has been built because of the recent ultrabook/tablet euphoria - and that doesn't seem to have met the expectations. In many areas the new standards/techs are bringing more limitations than advantages and some sort of central control.
Just my personal opinion...
That doesn't mean I'm ignoring W8 - I needed to perform several modifications to HWiNFO in order to be able to run there and I'm still solving some issues with that system... I just don't believe in such system in such form ;)
I HEAR you load and clear, Martin, and agree with you. I am really not a fan of MS at all but until an Open System truly takes the lead, that is what we have .... MS. I detest everyone under the sun taking(trying) control of MY devices after I paid for them!!!! GRRRR but what is the alternative at this moment? Apple has always been worse..... :p

I know that I will loose this fight :mad: so I am not going to fight MS or with MS, I will just try to help them as much as I can, so they are not so Dirty in the Quick and Dirty approach, and struggle on .... :sleepy: :cool:

Crysta :D

Trying Betax64 4.19-1950
ACPI: CPU & Fan2
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-HP-Fan-Control
See my post #10 & your answer #11. It's back again, 964rpm instead of 0rpm.
Fan reading at bottom is 0rpm. It's a laptop, there is only 1 fan.
0 rpm is the correct reading at the time of the snapshot.
Reset Values sets CPU & Fan2 to 964 & Fan to 0.

Attachments

• 2013-06-21_183327.jpg
    2013-06-21_183327.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2013-06-21_202319.jpg
    2013-06-21_202319.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 6
Martin said:
Do you have the "Remember Preferences" option in HWiNFO/Configure enabled?

Yes.

I save settings and quit. When I restart beta 1950, the settings reflect what I had saved for 1940.

Even when I click reset "restore original order" and then click save and quit.

Please try first the "Reset Preferences" in main Configure, then repeat the process with changing and saving settings.
If that doesn't work, please provide more details what exactly happens - attaching some screenshots might explain it better.

Hi Martin,

:D I have been thinking/wondering if it might be more positive if you allowed for an option that one could drop the status bar that is displayed at the center of the screen on startup of HWiNFO. I believe that the info is good but perhaps it could be saved in a 7 day rotational Log file, instead or as well. What is happening? Well, it sits there for a long time usually and sometimes goes into a "Not Responding", "Close or Wait" mode because I push the "Control" button to find my cursor in a multiscreen environment. On Windows 8 the cursor goes invisible at Windows Startup as well as at other times.

I hope this is possible, Martin, and not to much trouble.

Best Regards,

Crysta

Martin said:
You mean the "Detecting ....." window?

Martin, I have never known what you officially call it(I usually ignore it) but it is a BAR that appears at the center of the screen of the screen when HWiNFO starts up and gives a STATUS of the start up. Thus, I call it a "Status Bar" for HWiNFO Startup(truthfully, I find it annoing. The info is better in a log but that is just me).

Hope that clarifies. :D

I'll think about it, but currently I don't see the option to disable that as an important feature ;)

Martin said:
I'll think about it, but currently I don't see the option to disable that as an important feature ;)

hey Martin, this seems very old topic but i'd like to revisit this thread.. im not sure how I can manually add context menu options so i turned to this thread asking for help and im unsure if this is to do with Mumak or you guys cause its related to fan control (somewhat)

right now Hwinfo64 supports fan control for Dell machines, but I'd prefer to have two or 3 additional options built into context menu if possible.

example, currently to change fan speed max manual mode, I do the steps below:
-double click Hwinfo in Tray icon
-click on fan icon window
-set value to max
-click on Manual
then back to system auto:
-double click on Hwinfo in tray icon
-click on fan icon window
-click on system auto.

as you can see to toggle between the two options I'd have to go through 6-7 clicks at least and doing it multiple times is rather annoying.

if possible i'd like to suggest adding "System auto" and also "Max fan speed" as two options to icon's context menu so I can just click/right click select, similar to a profile type of thing to toggle between the 2.  is that a  possiblity?

Sorry for the delayed response. I'll put this on my to-do list.
There's just one issue with the "Max fan speed" - in the Compal EC mode, I don't know how to determine what's the max capable fan speed.

Martin said:
Sorry for the delayed response. I'll put this on my to-do list.
There's just one issue with the "Max fan speed" - in the Compal EC mode, I don't know how to determine what's the max capable fan speed.

ah I see what u mean, each dell computer has a different one but all share similar factor with EC disabled and only SWI.  0, low, high and usually high is max, so 3 levels of fan speed if that helps.

Back