Sofware won't run and get a popup saying software is trying to install unsigned drive

fletch

I got a warning the first time I tried to run the software that it was attempting to installed unsigned drivers and also check my antivirus.

Then it crashes. Is this software safe??

Yes, it is safe. Which operating system do you have, Windows 7 perhaps?

Yes that is what I have. I reran the setup again and this time it wanted me to install some security updates, but Windows update said they were not applicable to my system and refused to install.

So not sure what is gonig on, but it looks like it doesn't work with Win7...

HWiNFO works with Windows 7, but latest versions use driver that is signed using a SHA-256 signature. This is not supported by initial Windows 7 and requires the Microsoft KB3033929 update. Make sure to install it, then all should be fine. Note that this update might be required also to install several other software/drivers, so if you don't install it, you might be having problems with other devices too.

No that (KB3033929) update is the very update I tried to install and it says it's not compatible and refuses to install then exits.

Then there must be some other problem in Windows. This update is normally installed on all Windows 7 systems.

Martin said:
HWiNFO works with Windows 7, but latest versions use driver that is signed using a SHA-256 signature. This is not supported by initial Windows 7 and requires the Microsoft KB3033929 update. Make sure to install it, then all should be fine. Note that this update might be required also to install several other software/drivers, so if you don't install it, you might be having problems with other devices too.

Martin said:
Then there must be some other problem in Windows. This update is normally installed on all Windows 7 systems.

It looks like there is something is wrong with the update itself-lots of problems getting it to install:

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...ith-error-code-80004005?forum=w7itprosecurity

If I ever have any luck getting it to install, I will try again and post back..

Back