SSD/HDD sensor data are not grouped together as expected

I have noticed that the sensor data for SSDs/HDDs are not grouped together and is spread through out the application. This occurs not only when the application is reporting with just the sensors only, but also when requesting the full reporting. It is very time consuming to search the entire panel to get this data. it becomes even worse when there is a combination of multiple of devices. I first noticed this behavior in ver. 4.22 and as migrated into 4.26 & 4.30. The .DBG file is not attached as I get the following message:
Please correct the following errors before continuing:
•The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 1024 kilobytes.

As long as the machine had a pure HDD configuration all drive data was located in the areas as indicated in the _03 file. When the 1st SSD was introduced to the system the data became fragmented into 2 different locations, but was not a problem at the time (ver. 4.24/.26)

I added a second SSD to the machine on 18 December and noticed that the data has now been defused into three different locations on the Sensor panel and not all of the data is grouped together. It appears that some of the drive data is included in the data for the GPU#1 as it is not separated by a blank line.

it would be very beneficial to have all of the drive data for a specific drive together and all drives located in the same general location, preferably in the same location as the SMART Drive data indicated in the _03 file.

I upgraded to ver. 4.30 on 23 Dec. with hopes that someone had already reported the problem, but to no avail. If this is being reported on a 1st gen i7 machine, I would image that it has percolated to the latest generations also.

Attachments

• A-SYS.HTM
    199.6 KB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO64.zip
    62.3 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 24 19.23.zip
    538.5 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenHunter_03 Dec. 24 19.31.zip
    503.9 KB · Views: 1
Please specify which exact values you mean. Together with a screenshot might explain this much better.
You can compress the DBG file using any compression tool before attaching.

There are new Disk activity sensors now available, which will be separate ones from the SMART drive sensors.
Anyway, your sensors are out of order. To fix this should be easy: go to "Configure Sensors", select the Layout tab and press "Restore Original Order".

Martin said:
There are new Disk activity sensors now available, which will be separate ones from the SMART drive sensors.
Anyway, your sensors are out of order. To fix this should be easy: go to "Configure Sensors", select the Layout tab and press "Restore Original Order".

Martin, many thanks!! The fix worked.

I noticed this bug as well when I installed HWiNFO64 v4.30. In my case, there were many lines of white space between each section of sensors instead of just one line. Clicking "Restore Original Order" as Martin suggested fixed it for me.

Back