Suggestion: change network traffic...

Davidinlv82

Is there a way to change the way the download and upload rates are shown? You have in KB/s but I would like to have the option to change that to Mbps so I'm not constantly having to do math to make sure my computer is downloading at the speed I'm supposed to be getting. The conversion is easy 125 kilobyte's per second is 1 megabit per second which is what most ISP's use as their standard for determining speed in the US of A. I Hope this isn't too much to ask but it would be cool to have that as an option....

You can easily change this by going into sensor settings -> Custom -> Customize values, and use the appropriate Multiply factor. Then you can also change the Unit to "Mbps".

Actually you can't cause in the case of the current setup you would need to divide not multiply in order to make this change unless there is something I am missing.... I have tried playing around with it and cannot seem to find the correct formula to make it work with how you have it set up

But division is just 1 / multiply ;) So if you need to divide it by 1000, you enter 0.001 as the multiplication factor ;)

Gotcha, now I really have to use my brains lol, math I haven't used in forever.... Ok so the math is Megabit divided by Kilobyte (for example I have 25 Megabit/second download speed divided by 3125 kilobytes/second.)

Davidinlv82 said:
Gotcha, now I really have to use my brains lol, math I haven't used in forever.... Ok so the math is Megabit divided by Kilobyte (for example I have 25 Megabit/second download speed divided by 3125 kilobytes/second.)

25 megabit (MB) is 25000 kilobit (KB) (base 10)

if you want base 2, this may or may not be accurate with the sensor nomenclature.

25 mibibit (MiB) = 25600 kibibit (KiB)

ssateneth said:
Davidinlv82 said:

if you want base 2, this may or may not be accurate with the sensor nomenclature.

Actually the math I provided was correct, and is verified by the correct download/upload speed readings I am getting now. But thanks anyway for trying to correct something that didn't need corrected.

Davidinlv82 said:
ssateneth said:
Davidinlv82 said:

Actually the math I provided was correct, and order bathmate is verified by the correct download/upload speed readings I am getting now. But thanks anyway for trying to correct something that didn't need corrected.

Yea you are correct David. The conversion factor is different due to bit and byte! ::) set it up the same way and it worked perfectly

Back