[Suggestion] Intel GPU Usage Breakdown

Ganesh_AT

Currently, HWiNFO only reports 'GPU D3D Usage' - which actually seems to be only the 'EU Engine Usage' - for systems using Intel's iGPUs.

I would like to request a breakdown of this into various components (on supported GPUs):

(1) EU Engine Usage %
(2) GHAL 3D %
(3) MFX Decode Usage %
(4) MFX Encode Usage %
(5) OpenCL / MDF Usage %

For reference, I am attaching a screenshot with the Intel GPU Performance Analyzer Tool which has these (and more) components being tracked.

[attachment=1777]

Background: I am trying to determine resource usage during Netflix playback. With Skylake, it looks like there is 0 EU usage, so HWiNFO reports only small numbers of the order of 0.05%. The GPU's media decode / post processing engines are being definitely used, but I am unable to track what is the load percentage for these. Unfortunately, since the Intel GPU Performance Analyzer Tool happens to be a profiling tool, the Netflix app refuses to play back videos when it is active. So, I can't get an idea of the full details of the resource usage in that scenario at all.

Attachments

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Yes, that would be nice. But the problem is how to report that? ;) I assume that Intel tool is using some proprietary methods which I don't think Intel will disclose. Not even under NDA... Besides some GPU-related information publicly released for the Linux community, Intel is keeping the rest of their iGPU information extremely secret.