Support for pci.ids/usb.ids

bgmenot

I wrote you an email a few years ago but you never replied, so I'm going to ask you here on these forums.

It would be great if HWiNFO64 supported pci.ids/usb.ids files and showed all the PCI and USB devices connected to the PC even when Windows itself doesn't identify them (that's quite a common situation especially for older Windows versions like 7 and 8).

This would be extremely useful on a system lacking drivers, so that the user could see their devices without searching for VEN_ DEV_ ids via Google which sometimes doesn't even work.

// b.

HWiNFO has its own internal PCI/USB databases that show device names/data even if drivers are not installed.

HWiNFO has its own internal PCI/USB databases that show device names/data even if drivers are not installed.

Yes but

1) Sometimes you have HWiNFO on a RO storage while you have up-to-date pci.ids/usb.ids files and there's no way to make the application use them.
2) Other utilities show PCI/PCI-E/USB devices as a plain list and HWiNFO still doesn't have this feature. It would be nice to have something akin to "Devices Overview".
3) I don't know what PCI/USB databases you use but last time I checked they were kinda outdated, i.e. lspci/lsusb correctly identified everything and HWiNFO64 showed nothing.

// b.

The USB Device list might be a bit outdated, I plan to update this.
The PCI Device list however is superior to any public lists in many aspects, it also contains pre-release products that cannot be made publicly available. If you find anything missing, let me know and I will update that.

Back