Support of RTSS - Displaying HWiNFO sensor values in Games

RE: Support of RTSS - Displaying HWiNFO32 sensor values in Games

OK.. is working now v4.65-2540 beta
The rtss default polling rate is 500 ms so I change the "scam interval" of HWiNFO to the same to be sync any backward with it... ??

Thanks for the feedback.
500 ms might be too low for some systems, where certain sensors (like disk SMART or EC) can have larger delays in reporting values. You'll have to test this on yours, also check if this doesn't cause a higher system load.

In HWNFO OSD sets the value Position 2, Position 4, order to it was through one blank line, but  RTSS FPS always without a blank line.

Is it possible RTSS FPS through the a blank line?

[attachment=2145]

Attachments

• ManiaPlanet 2017-02-02 20-20-01-18_cr.png
    ManiaPlanet 2017-02-02 20-20-01-18_cr.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 11

As it turned out it is possible. Issue is closed.

[attachment=2146]

Attachments

• ManiaPlanet 2017-02-04 01-06-47-26_cr.png
    ManiaPlanet 2017-02-04 01-06-47-26_cr.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 6

As it turned out it is possible. :)  Issue is closed.

[attachment=2147]

Attachments

• ManiaPlanet 2017-02-04 01-06-47-26_cr.png
    ManiaPlanet 2017-02-04 01-06-47-26_cr.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 3

Do any of the OSD programs support the intel HD 4000 graphics I have on my laptop?

Thanks in advance,

Shannon

Why can't HWINFO64 call RivaTuner Statistics Server when it needs to? Just like how MSI AB and EVGA Precision do. So I should always start Rivatuner Statistics Server during startup to make this work?

Also, sometimes the hotkey toggle doesn't work and sometimes it does. Is this a known issue? Should the Sensor window be opened for the toggle key combo to work?

Currently you have to start RTSS, HWiNFO doesn't invoke it.
The sensors window doesn't need to be visible, but it needs to be running (can be hidden in tray) for hotkeys to work.

Ok. Does "show own statistics" need to be enabled in RTSS so that HWiNFO can see the RTSS FPS sensor? And how do you automate everything during startup when RTSS needs to be up and running first before HWiNFO so that the FPS sensor is detected properly?

"Show own statistics" is not required, HWiNFO can display the RTSS FPS counter too, which can be assigned to OSD.
Both RTSS and HWiNFO are automatically started via Windows Task Scheduler and you can adjust their startup settings and delays.

Ok, so make sure RTSS starts first before HWiNFO, correct?

I'm really having a hard time using the hotkey set in HwiNFO. It simply doesn't work. For comparison, the hotkey set in MSI Afterburner does work flawlessly. What is my next step in troubleshooting this issue?

I simply use MSI Afterburner in combination with HWiNFO to show some more stuff on OSD
such as Max CPU/Thread Usage or my Water-Temperature.
Its the best Monitoring Programm on the Planet :)  

With RTSS 7.0.0 beta 25 there is now the possibility for graphs.

You can chose the Option in Afterburner.

MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 11 gets OSD hardware monitoring graphs

Now the question: when this comes to HWiNFO? :p

BlackX said:
I simply use MSI Afterburner in combination with HWiNFO to show some more stuff on OSD

So you set the hotkey in Afterburner and not in HWiNFO?

BlackX said:

It's on my list, along with the new text tags in RTSS.

@Martin

Can you help me out here? The hotkey in your software just doesn't work. What extra information do you need from me to troubleshoot this?

I've also read about this in another thread a few days ago wherein the some keys that you assign as a hotkey in HWiNFO makes the specific work work improperly. Example would be "Alt + 1". When I set that as a hotkey, when you press the key "1", it works just fine but when you type in Shift + 1 for an exclamation point, it does nothing. So clearly something is up with this hotkey functionality.

kevindd992002 said:
@Martin

Can you help me out here? The hotkey in your software just doesn't work. What extra information do you need from me to troubleshoot this?

I've also read about this in another thread a few days ago wherein the some keys that you assign as a hotkey in HWiNFO makes the specific work work improperly. Example would be "Alt + 1". When I set that as a hotkey, when you press the key "1", it works just fine but when you type in Shift + 1 for an exclamation point, it does nothing. So clearly something is up with this hotkey functionality.

Which combination are you currently using, have you tried others ?
Also, is the combination working only sometimes or not at all ?

I did some more testing and checking and found a bug in HWiNFO that was causing a mixup of Shift- and Alt- hot key combinations, which resulted that these combinations didn't work.
This shall be fixed in the next build of HWiNFO.
But I'm not sure about your problem - if you have problems with certain combinations that didn't work at all, then this could fix it. But if your problem was a certain combination that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't then this might be something else I'm afraid.

Martin said:
I did some more testing and checking and found a bug in HWiNFO that was causing a mixup of Shift- and Alt- hot key combinations, which resulted that these combinations didn't work.
This shall be fixed in the next build of HWiNFO.
But I'm not sure about your problem - if you have problems with certain combinations that didn't work at all, then this could fix it. But if your problem was a certain combination that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't then this might be something else I'm afraid.

I think this is actually the problem. I tried "shift + ." the first time around and it's a hit and miss (not 100% sure as I don't recall if MSI AB was opened at that time or not, because if it is then its hotkey is the one taking over, for sure). And then I tried "ctrl + a" and it's also not working. Can you check the Ctrl- hot key combinations as well?

Also, what does the "show statistics" in RTSS really do?

And where do you set the settings wherein you run either "sensors only" or "summary only"? This options box only appeared the first time HWiNFO is run but I'm not sure where in the settings page are these options located at.

"Sensors-only" and "Summary-only" settings are kept in the INI file.

Back