system summary screen not displaying on windows 10 pro

someonehere

just after I completely updated the system, the system summery button will no longer bring up that window. starting it in summary only mode will only display the clock speed window as well. Is there some system setting or something preventing this from working?

Try to Reset Preferences from the main settings of HWiNFO if that will help.

Do you maybe have multiple monitors? The summary window might be showing up outside the visible range for some reason.

I have the same problem. Just installed HWInfo64 displayed properly the 1st time. Then a later I tried to launch and it looks like normal launch but nothing is displayed. Original install showed conflict with Corsair H150 CPU Hydro cooler iCUE sw, so I uninstalled iCUE and uninstalled HWInfo64, reinstalled HWinfo64 but still not displaying. My sys. Gigabyte MOBO Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi, GPU RTX 2080, CPU i9-9900K, 3 displays.

Is HWiNFO task visible in Task Manager?
Is the HWiNFO icon in tray (notification area) perhaps? You might need to press the ^ button in tray to show all icons.

I just resolved the issue of hwinfo64 not displaying. Ha to Right click hwinfo64 in the tray and select maximize, then it displays. Not sure how the selection to minimize occurred.

Having the same issue. I used the sensor window on my laptop connected as a wireless display. Now I cannot get the sensor window back unless that "wireless display" is reconnected. I have reset everything... no go... still ONLY displays the sensor window when the wireless display is connected.

Solution:

connect wireless display
start hwinfo
settings - disable the "Validate Window Positions" option
close hwinfo
Re-open hwinfo
Minimize hwinfo
close Hwinfo
disconnect wireless display

HwInfo now works as intended

This is very frustrating.. it was not working in 7.20 that's why I updated it to 7.26, and it's still not working. Also, its been years since people have been asking to allow to open the summary menu (2016 i think), I believe at one point there was an update that has the option to start summary by right-clicking on the icon on the taskbar. Not sure what happened.

This is very frustrating.. it was not working in 7.20 that's why I updated it to 7.26, and it's still not working. Also, its been years since people have been asking to allow to open the summary menu (2016 i think), I believe at one point there was an update that has the option to start summary by right-clicking on the icon on the taskbar. Not sure what happened.

If you're running in Sensors-only mode, the summary won't be available. You'll need to start in normal mode with Sensors-only disabled.
This is because the Sensors-only is specially optimized for fastest startup by skipping some scans that are not required for sensors-only but other modes. So switching from Sensors-only to the summary would require a full re-launch of HWiNFO in a different mode anyway.

Back