temp in PCH DIODE

supremacy

HI:

Sorry for my bad English.

I have an asrock Z77 extreme-4 mobo, CPU i5 3470, corsair cooler H100i, my graphic card is IGPU, HW x64 v460 System Information and Diagnostics and others software reports 55 Celsius degrees in the PCH diode, my ambient temp is 32 or 33 degrees for this temp in the PCH diode.

At this moment the ambient temp is 28 Celsius degrees, and humidity is 74 percent and my temp is:

Motherboard 34 °C (93 °F)

CPU 32 °C (90 °F)

CPU # 1 / Core # 1 32 °C (90 °F)

CPU # 1 / Core # 2 31 °C (88 °F)

CPU # 1 / Core # 3 33 °C (91 °F)

CPU # 1 / Core # 4 29 °C (84 °F)

Diodo PCH 50 °C (122 °F)

PD: this temp is in destock, playing music, with the web navigator open, and my CPU has not activate turbo boost technology, and may case is corsair carbide 500R.
I replaced the series fan for cooler master sikeflow. Those are working at 1850RPM, and the cooler side was replaced for in win cooler fan 140mm.

I am worried for his temp in the PCH diode,because in other moments with the ambient temp in 26 o 27 Celsius degrees, the PCH temp is 46 Celsius degrees.
I would like to know if this valued is very high or normal.

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 7
This is normal, PCH chips tend to run hotter than other chips.
Check if your mainboard has a fan placed on the PCH, some ASRock boards do and might require to switch that fan on in the BIOS.
But even if it doesn't have a fan, I wouldn't worry about the higher temperature, as this is common almost everywhere.

Martin said:
This is normal, PCH chips tend to run hotter than other chips.
Check if your mainboard has a fan placed on the PCH, some ASRock boards do and might require to switch that fan on in the BIOS.
But even if it doesn't have a fan, I wouldn't worry about the higher temperature, as this is common almost everywhere.

thanks for your reply.

This board has no dissipation fan on the chipset, it is only passive, I have two fanes chassis cooling the chipset :D

Back