Temperature 4 under MB tab at 90 C

Cris_Formage

Hello everybody.

First off, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong area, or maybe in the wrong forum altogether but at this point I'm quite hopeless and desperate so, here goes.

My computer's been freezing up at random times, while gaming, while just browsing etc., with the monitor losing signal while still actually running(?). When I'm on a Discord call, the call keeps on for a couple more seconds after it freezes. Fans keep spinning normally. I can't even turn it off holding the power button so I hit the reset button, then it boots and keeps working until it again freezes some time later. Seems to happen quicker while gaming. Thought it could be an overheating issue so I was monitoring temps in MSI Afterburner and it all seemed fine. I decided I'd like to see more details and also have them overlaid on the screen in the game so I install HWInfo. GPU Thermal Diode and CPU Package temps do not exceed 50 degrees while gaming with idle temps averaging around 30 and 35 respectively. Then I stumbled upon this "Temperature 4" reading under motherboard sensors. It's always at least 90 and increasing during gaming.

So, my questions are, what is Temperature 4 and why is it so high? I've read in some places that it could just be a faulty sensor readout and that it should be ignored but I'm not entirely sure that's what I should do in this case, as I cannot really see what else my issue could be related to. I have recently cleaned around in the case and did a very primal cable management inside a case that's not really designed for any sort of management and am afraid that maybe I've bent some cables coming from the PSU?

My specs are;

Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2V

Intel Pentium G4600 running @3.6 GHz

Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 Gaming OC 4G

Kingston HyperX Fury 2400 MHz 16 GB (2x8)

Western Digital Caivar Blue 320 GB 7200 RPM SATA 3 HDD

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    93.3 KB · Views: 20
Since all the other major components show low values, the Temperature 4 seems to be indeed invalid.
Such a freezing issue can have many reasons - from hardware failure of a component to BIOS issue or driver/software problem.
First I'd recommend to update BIOS and drivers to latest versions, then try to exchange components if possible and see which change makes a difference.

Since all the other major components show low values, the Temperature 4 seems to be indeed invalid.
Such a freezing issue can have many reasons - from hardware failure of a component to BIOS issue or driver/software problem.
First I'd recommend to update BIOS and drivers to latest versions, then try to exchange components if possible and see which change makes a difference.
Hello Martin. Thank you for your prompt response!

I had updated the GPU driver prior to writing this post and that didn't change anything. Gonna go and try updating the bios and the other drivers now. As for changing the components, I unfortunately do not have access to any hardware other than that which I currently own.

Just got done with updating the BIOS to latest one available, F25 in my case. Then proceeded to update all the other drivers. I also replugged all the cables and reseated all the components. Don't know which did it but it seems to be working fine now. Ran FurMark stress test with no hiccups and went on to play Warframe for a bit more than half an hour, which is times longer than how much it would've take for PC to freeze so I guess problem solved. Thank you very much for the help!

Di
Just got done with updating the BIOS to latest one available, F25 in my case. Then proceeded to update all the other drivers. I also replugged all the cables and reseated all the components. Don't know which did it but it seems to be working fine now. Ran FurMark stress test with no hiccups and went on to play Warframe for a bit more than half an hour, which is times longer than how much it would've take for PC to freeze so I guess problem solved. Thank you very much for the help!
Does this temperature 4 still showing?

Back