Unstable Memory Voltage?

syue87

HWiNFO64 shows my memory voltage varies a lot. Is my memory voltage really unstable or is it a sensor/software issue? My system is 100% stable. The +5V under motherboard sensor is stable at 5.04v to 5.08v.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-27 180612.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-27 180612.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 27
  • ZenTimings_Screenshot.png
    ZenTimings_Screenshot.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
This is unfortunately a monitoring problem observed on some DDR5 modules. The memory voltage should be stable but due to the limited design of DDR5 PMIC circuits (more precisely their ADC), monitoring of some voltages sometimes gives incorrect results. I have spent a lot of time trying to tweak this but it seems impossible to come up with a method that would work properly for all modules/PMICs.

Very glad I found this post. My DDR5 shows odd fluctuations on exactly the same sensors. I was using OCCT and HWinfo but that was dumb of me since OCCT also uses HWinfo. I downloaded the Asrock Atuning app for my asrock MB and while it has way less sensors it did show VDD staying rock steady. I also downloaded CPUid HWmonitor and while its numbers were slightly different there were no weird fluctuations. However, while carefully watching Atuning I did see MB temperature go negative for a split second. Also the +1.8V sensor showed 2.1 for again a split second, after not moving for an eternity, so I can't even fully trust the MB software. What a cluster

Back