Using Shared Memory and Monitoring Between 3 different machines

nero

So, it looks like in my 3 PC setup.
3 machines using HWINO to monitor and 1 of the machines is the central collector!

Looks like the software is using between 130 to 180 GB per month communicating.

Everything appears to be set to 2000MS - 2 second interval of measuring and pushing the info through the network.

So, I can see why is it using so much data.

So, besides lowering the sensors being monitored; I guess I have the following questions:

1. I am considering lowering the poll rate. Anyway to do that across the board on all sensors? I only see the setting on individual settings.
2. Is this normal (I am fairly sure it is)
3. Are there other options for lowering this amount of data?

Internal network is a clean 1k; so, I may just ignore it as it generally not that much in the realm of things. But still odd as it is the number one data user on most of my machines.

Cheers,
T

I'd say it's pretty normal given it transfers every 2 seconds the complete sensor set. This could be reduced by hiding some sensors/items or increasing the polling period.

Thanks for your response. Is there a way to change the polling frequency across the board of all sensors?
I have already disabled / hidden all data that I do not need.

Thanks,
T

This is not possible remotely, but you can change its value in the HWiNFO64.INI file and then restart HWiNFO.

By placing the HWiNFO64.INI file with updated value. Try to change the polling frequency in HWiNFO, save settings and then check the INI file.

Back