Voltage reading.. new PSU or no?

kmcgrady

ok long story short.. some specs. Been having these random crashes so to speak. All of a sudden and my PC hooked to my TV will just go to "no signal" and no way to get it back unless a hard reset. I believe the PC is still is in the same state so might not be a crash. I reseated video card and memory - uninstalled driver - removed video card and used a VGA cable to on board video and sometimes it will work for an hour and bam no signal. I ran sfc /scannow and ran a scheduled scan disk which took an 3 hours but no loss of signal.

My PSU is a few years old and always ran many games and do these readings look wayyy off in screenshot? I have no BIOS voltage settings in BIOS b/c its an HP PC I built the rest.

Thank you hope I provided enough info. LMK

-Kenny

OS Windows 7 64 Bit

CPU AMD Phenom II X4 840T 2.9Ghz

Motherboard N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix)

Memory Corsair DDR3 16GB

Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked 2GB

Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

Monitor(s) Displays LG- 42' LCD

Corsair Gaming Series GS600 Power supply - 600 Watt

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 23
Values under the ITE sensor are not correct. This is because HWiNFO doesn't have dedicated sensor support for your mainboard (it doesn't know how to properly adjust the generic values) to show correct ones. And since it seems the BIOS doesn't show voltages, I'm afraid I don't know how to fix this for your mainboard now. So HWiNFO cannot help you to read correct voltages.

Martin said:
Values under the ITE sensor are not correct. This is because HWiNFO doesn't have dedicated sensor support for your mainboard (it doesn't know how to properly adjust the generic values) to show correct ones. And since it seems the BIOS doesn't show voltages, I'm afraid I don't know how to fix this for your mainboard now. So HWiNFO cannot help you to read correct voltages.
ok thx Martin I have volt meter but its buried in storage ill have to test it.

If anyone else has any other feedback feel free.

thx again

random reboots now i'm gonna change the PSU I'm thinking those readings are close enough to reading my MB where else could the readings come from? I haven't tried the volt meter yet.

I suggest to use the volt meter, as I'm sure the readings are not valid due to the lack of support for this model.

You are correct the volt meter show strong 12 and 5 -- I reseated all the cables. I really thought it was my video card b/c of the no single issues but it did it with just a VGA and video card completely removed. I just turned it on now so i'll monitor and see how it goes.

Martin said:
I suggest to use the volt meter, as I'm sure the readings are not valid due to the lack of support for this model.

Hi Martin little off subject b/c I been poking around with this program its very informative. Where can I find this filed/section? I do have that little yellow ! near my SATA drive and I see some other threads people going here to see the info.

thx

PS PC up and running now 90 minutes no issues *cross fingers*

Attachments

• hdd.png
    hdd.png
    31 KB · Views: 9
It's one of the SMART parameters that gives the warning, but in this case I think there's no need to worry.

Martin said:
It's one of the SMART parameters that gives the warning, but in this case I think there's no need to worry.

Ive had another reboot aka blue screen and 2 no signals happen. I'm gonna run some tests I been searching Google for others who have had this issue but tough to narrow down. thx again for your feedback.

update: bought a new card Nvidia GeForce GTX970 been up an hour running. In case anyone else gets the no signal issue seems to point to the card and replacing.

scratch that just went down.. I give up. time for a MB smh

Card lost the signal the FIX SOLVED was resetting the BIO back to defaults and works perfect now. When I did the reset my video settings appeared, must have been corrupt and reset to defaults solved the no signal issue..

Back