VR VCC Temperature (SVID) sensor issue?

G80GTX

[font=arial, sans-serif]Hello! I recently noticed that the VR VCC Temperature [size=medium][font=arial, sans-serif](SVID)[/font] readings periodically turn gray (as in the screenshot): https://imgur.com/a/cp5Ve7Y then return to normal. Is it normal? Does anyone have a similar issue? They become gray about once a minute while using the computer.[/font][/size]

[font=arial, sans-serif]My rig:[/font]

HWiNFO64 6.06 Portable
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ОС: Windows 10 Professional x64 Build 1809
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K (stock)
MB: S1151 Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER (Last BIOS)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
Case: NZXT H440
PSU: Corsair HX850
RAM: 2x16Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB CMR32GX4M2C3000C15 (Dual Channel, 3000Mhz, XMP)
Storage: M.2 SSD Samsung 960 Pro (512Gb) + SATA3 SSD Intel 730 (480Gb) + Western Digital Red (1Tb) 
AIO: NZXT Kraken x62
Thermal Grease: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
[/font]

A value in gray means HWiNFO is currently unable to retrieve the actual value. This might be caused by a communication failure with the sensor or a collision with another monitoring tool.
It's nothing to worry about.

Martin, thanks for the quick reply. This be caused by a sensor fault in the processor or motherboard? The sensor works, but the connection is sometimes lost. It is important for me to understand that this problem is software, not hardware. Is there such a problem on other computers?

P.S.

No other monitoring software is running.

It's difficult to tell exactly what fault this is, it might be just an issue in the protocol HWiNFO uses to communicate with the sensor.
So unless you're running an extreme overclocked system with high BCLK (>150 MHz) it's most likely software related.

Martin, No, I don't overclock the system at all, I have enough processor performance. Have you ever seen a similar error on other computers with this sensor? I hope this can be fixed in the next versions.

Back