WHEA Logger 18

In BIOS. I suggest you google the model of your motherboard and look up BIOS manual.
Excuse me but have you read the whole thread? All posts?
@HR2022 was having problems with WHEA errors and restarts even without XMP/DOCP enabled. He was having WHEA while FCLK was on 1067~1200MHz
How lower can he drop it?

I tried to tell OP maybe to try going fully manual on RAM instead of DOCP profile but maybe this was too difficult to do...

Excuse me but have you read the whole thread? All posts?
@HR2022 was having problems with WHEA errors and restarts even without XMP/DOCP enabled. He was having WHEA while FCLK was on 1067~1200MHz
How lower can he drop it?

I tried to tell OP maybe to try going fully manual on RAM instead of DOCP profile but maybe this was too difficult to do...
I haven't, however whea errors usually are caused by memory controller. On both AMD and Intel.

Also it may not be running in 1:1:1 ratio due to low RAM clock, memory controller can get unstable with weird voltage or even specific clock. Although I never tested this it could probably be getting unstable if it's running too low clock in 1:1:1 ratio, just to stay in sync with memory. Try running FCLK on 1600 MHz and UCLK = memory.

Hi there, I have made countless settings in the meantime and nothing has helped. The pictures show the last settings, but here too the PC goes out again after a very short time.

Attachments

• BIOS2.jpg
    BIOS2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • BIOS1.jpg
    BIOS1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Hi there, I have made countless settings in the meantime and nothing has helped. The pictures show the last settings, but here too the PC goes out again after a very short time.
You can try increasing SOC voltage to 1.1v. If it's CPU issue, otherwise I would replace those RAM sticks.

Thanks, but how do I do that? If I change to manual mode there open a new line with VDDSOC Voltage Override. That is Auto and I can´t change it. Than there is Offset Mode, with two new lines:
VDDSOC Offset Mode Sign with + and - and the VDDSOC Voltage Override (Auto). So how can I change the 1.025 V to 1.1 V?
Sorry for the silly questions....

Offset +, you add as much as you need to already set voltage. I strongly suggest you google this and better yet google specific motherboard that you use. It might explain everything better. I read all messages in this thread and it seems to me that this is either degradation or it's bad motherboard BIOS.

If it's bad BIOS you can try to flash new BIOS or downgrade back to old BIOS.

If it's degradation and you had your machine for 2.5 years you still have time to send CPU in for warranty, it should be 3 years warranty for CPU. From my experience all crashes when it just goes black screen is either single core boosting too high or memory controller being unstable.

Are these 2 x 16 GB sticks are dual rank? Dual rank puts more stress on memory controller. L3 cache errors also indicate memory controller.

Things you can try.
- Slightly increasing memory voltage
- Slightly increasing SOC voltage
- Loosening RAM timings

I suggest you try these voltages

SOC - 1.1v
VDDP - 0.975v
VDDG CCD - 0.975v
VDDG IOD - 1.025v

RAM - 1.35v up to 1.45v

My 3800x is very picky, too high voltage causes instability just the same as too low. These are sweet spot voltages for my specific chip, I run 4 single rank sticks. If these voltage settings give you stability I suggest you tweak them down somewhat, even though these are perfectly safe to run.

Another thing, if your motherboard forces too high voltage it can degrade the chip, it shouldn't do that. But it's a possibility.

Hi there,
I have installed the new CPU (Ryzen 7 3800x).
Here are the current values from HWiNFO. BIOS on default.
Is there any mistake?

Attachments

• HWiNFO-new1.jpg
    HWiNFO-new1.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 6
  • HWiNFO-new2.jpg
    HWiNFO-new2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Back