Which drive health reading is correct and accurate?

Hard to say as S.M.A.R.T. is not exact here and vendors use their own interpretation.
You might confirm with CrystalDiskInfo and also attach the HWiNFO Report File so I can check the details.

Not sure how to generate a report file.
Open HWiNFO's main window and then use the Report menu item or the "Save Report" button on the toolbar. If you set HWiNFO to open only the Summary or Sensors window upon start, you need to temporarily disable this option.

Regards
Dalai

Finally, that's it. Thanks!

There should be an easier and more straight forward way to access these functions.

Attachments

• REPORT FILE.HTM
    250.8 KB · Views: 1
OK, I see this drive supports ATA Device Statistics which is a reliable standard (unlike S.M.A.R.T.) and this reports:
Used Endurance Indicator:28%

So I believe HWiNFO is right here. Many other tools don't support/query Device Statistics, so they don't get this indicator.

OK, I see this drive supports ATA Device Statistics which is a reliable standard (unlike S.M.A.R.T.) and this reports:
Used Endurance Indicator:28%

So I believe HWiNFO is right here. Many other tools don't support/query Device Statistics, so they don't get this indicator.
Thanks for the info. I looked up that indicator and based on the searches I've seen, it relates to SSD lifetime. But my drive is a regular HDD. Is this reading still valid for regular disk drives?

So, if I run all sorts of extensive low-level drive tests and my drive shows zero errors or any increasing reallocated sector error counts or other errors as indicated in the S.M.A.R.T fields, what drive health is deteriorating (to 72% in my case) and why? What makes this drive health go down in the first place, assuming no S.M.A.R.T errors?

It's what the drive reports. Quoting the specification:

The Percentage Used Endurance Indicator is an vendor specific estimate of the percentage of device life used based on the actual device usage and the manufacturer's prediction of device life. A value of 100 indicates that the estimated endurance of the device has been consumed, but does not indicate a device failure (e.g., minimum power-off data retention capability reached for devices using NAND flash technology). The value is allowed to exceed 100.

Back