Which sensor monitorate for CPU & MotherBoard temperature

hbgl

Hello,
i make my firsts steps with HWinfo...it seems very powerfull but i am lost with all informations available !!
I need to monitor my motherboard & CPU temperature because i use a PC as a server power on 24h/24 5/7 but i do not know on which sensor setting alerts and level...

Here is my configuration :
1611772372044.png
1611772460239.png

For MOBO : Is it good practice to monitor "Motherboard" (Nuvoton NCT6779D) or "PCH Temperature" (Intel PCH) ?...there is a big difference between these sensors temperature 110° for the 1st and 57,5°c for the 2nd as you can see on pictures !

For CPU : should i monitor CPU (PECI) temperature or other one, there are a lots of sensor values as CPU Package, CPU IA Cores ...?

What are the good values for alerts of each one to stop server ?

thank for your help !
Regards
Alex

For CPU it's best to rely on the "CPU Package" value, this comes straight from the internal CPU sensor.
For Mainboard I'm not sure if this system is capable of monitoring this value and we don't have dedicated sensor support for this "special" mainboard, it's not a common one.
The "Motherboard" temperature is certainly wrong, most likely a not connected sensor. It might be the "Auxiliary" one, how quickly is this value ramping up under load?
Does the BIOS report sensor values or is there any tool from the mainboard/system vendor offering such monitoring?

thanks MArtin !
i wil check in Bios tomorrow and tell you, for now i can not stop my computer...
I can not find anything about tool from the mainboard/system vendor :(

i would suggest lowering your overclock if its used as a server you dont need to overclock and i only see one fan installed in the read out add more fans seems there is zero airflow

i would suggest lowering your overclock if its used as a server you dont need to overclock and i only see one fan installed in the read out add more fans seems there is zero airflow
Hi Ujambo, my cpu is not overclocked...and i have only one fan because it is a miniPC ...i do not have more space to add more :rolleyes: !

Where is the pci temperatue at? I don't see it in my sensors and everything in layout settings is enabled for sensors

Where is the pci temperatue at? I don't see it in my sensors and everything in layout settings is enabled for sensors

What PCI temperature, of the PCI slot? Only some mainboards have sensors close to the PCIe slots.

Back