Windows 64bit Freezing System

Stealth95l

Hi, I love your program for the fan controls and I appreciate the hard work you put into this. I'm running a Alienware M18XR2 with a aftermarket 980m in it and I've been getting a random hard freeze now and then when I run hwinfo64 (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), I've attached the debug file, any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated and a link to a donate button :D . I'm trying it without drivescan at the moment to see if it helps any.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    635.2 KB · Views: 1
This freezing is most probably due to the communication with the system firmware to set/get fan speeds.
There are some workarounds that can mitigate this problem - for some it helps when you disable monitoring of the battery sensor in HWiNFO, some others need to remove the battery from the notebook. Another possibility is to disable EC Support in HWiNFO, which will use a different fan control method that allows only 3 speeds to be set though.
Donate buttons can be found at the bottom of the main HWiNFO homepage www.hwinfo.com ;)

Martin said:
This freezing is most probably due to the communication with the system firmware to set/get fan speeds.
There are some workarounds that can mitigate this problem - for some it helps when you disable monitoring of the battery sensor in HWiNFO, some others need to remove the battery from the notebook. Another possibility is to disable EC Support in HWiNFO, which will use a different fan control method that allows only 3 speeds to be set though.
Donate buttons can be found at the bottom of the main HWiNFO homepage www.hwinfo.com ;)

Thank you! I'll give these a try and I donated some money, wasn't much but I hope it can at least buy you some lunch.

Back