Wrong GPU Clock speed

doveman

Hi

I've just noticed that HwInfo is misreporting my GPU clock speed for my HD4250 IGP as 966Mhz. GPU-Z shows GPU Clock 498Mhz (Default Clock 560Mhz) and Memory 397Mhz (Default 667Mhz). I presume it's just in power-saving mode whilst idle and that's why the clocks are lower than the Defaults.

I expect you can use the dumps I already posted here http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-HwInfo-locking-up-PC but let me know if you need anything else.

Hi again

I've noticed that it misreports a couple of other things on this board.

1. The GPU utilisation stays at 0% whilst GPU-Z shows around 8-12%

2. When overclocked and the NB is set to 1920Mhz, it shows it as 1600Mhz. At stock 2000Mhz it shows the correct frequency.

Is maybe the "GPU Load" reported by GPU-Z the same as the "GPU D3D Usage" in HWiNFO ?

I'll fix the NB clock in the next build.

Martin said:
Is maybe the "GPU Load" reported by GPU-Z the same as the "GPU D3D Usage" in HWiNFO ?

I'll fix the NB clock in the next build.

Thanks.

It might be that the GPU load and GPU D3D Usage are the same but HwInfo is still not showing it properly, as GPU-Z currently shows 7% and neither of the GPU sensors in HwInfo are budging from 0% and if I reset the counters, the Max shown is 1%.

Actually, when I tab back to my browser, the D3D Usage jumps to 8% and the Max now shows 16% but GPU-Z shows something different, sometimes jumping to 12%, sometimes 22%, sometimes 41% and sometimes staying on 7% so they don't appear to be the same.

If I run Heaven benchmark though, GPU-Z shows about 96% and HwInfo about 100%, so maybe they are the same. Strangely, GPU Utilisation doesn't go up at all from 0% (even Max still shows 0%) whilst running the benchmark though.

Well, hard to judge who is right. Important is that under a heavy load both seem to return correct information.
Maybe try to check against Catalyst Control Center, though I'm not sure if it will report Utilization on your GPU model.

Martin said:
Well, hard to judge who is right. Important is that under a heavy load both seem to return correct information.
Maybe try to check against Catalyst Control Center, though I'm not sure if it will report Utilization on your GPU model.

Yeah, CCC doesn't even have a tab to show such info for my model (I have to use 13.1 Legacy version).

I guess it's not that important anyway and I mainly use HwInfo for keeping an eye on other stuff ;)

Back