Wrong HWinfo readings Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z97

noel_fs

So the voltage readings in Aida64 and Gigabyet app are just fine while in HWinfo doesn't seem to be adjusted or something. 

I saw an old thread from a guy which had the same issue and seems that the author of HWinfo fixed it easly. 

I'm attaching the voltage readings from both programs that were asked in the old thread. Hope it gets fixed even tho there may not be much people with this board.

Hope the author takes a look at this, thanks in advance.

https://prnt.sc/kscmtf

Could identify

VIN3 as +5V with a multiplier of 2.5.

VIN5 is obviously VRIM i think its called.

The actual +3.3V is vccp2 cause doing a 1.6 and adding 0.1 gives the same reading on idle as AIDA64 while underload (cpu load) gives +3.345 and aida +3.344, (gpu load) gives +3.326V and aida +3.324V

And +3.3V reading is actually the +12 by just multiplying by 6.

Oh, VIN4 is most probably iGPU voltage but its disabled. If I recall correctly that exact same reading is given in BIOS for the igpu basically

Temperature 1 seems to be PCH and Temperature 3 VRM Temp.

So just to clarify:

Vccp2 = +3.3V with x1.6 adding 0.1 (still not perfect reading)

3.3V = +12V with x6

VIN3 = +5V with x2.5.

VIN4 = iGPU Voltage

VIN5 = VRM Voltage

Thanks for the detailed report and attempt to identify those values.
But I will need some additional information - exact mainboard model as shown in HWiNFO and the name of LPC/SIO chip. Best would be if you could attach the HWiNFO Report File or Debug File.

Martin said:
Thanks for the detailed report and attempt to identify those values.
But I will need some additional information - exact mainboard model as shown in HWiNFO and the name of LPC/SIO chip. Best would be if you could attach the HWiNFO Report File or Debug File.
Model: GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z97

Chip: ITE IT8728F

http://prntscr.com/kse3zt screenshot showing names

hope that's what you wanted

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    773 KB · Views: 1
Thank you, I will fix this in the next build of HWiNFO.
But are you sure about the temperatures? It is possible that:
Temperature 1 = System
Temperature 2 = PCH
Temperature 3 = CPU
?

Martin said:
Thank you, I will fix this in the next build of HWiNFO.
But are you sure about the temperatures? It is possible that:
Temperature 1 = System
Temperature 2 = PCH
Temperature 3 = CPU
?

Hmm no. But im not really sure to be honest of how  they should be named, ill try to give you the max info i can. 

Temp 1 could be system yeah if you wanna call it like that. Here is summer and by touching the pch heatsink i can tell it feels like a solid 40º. Furthermore when gaming the temp goes up a bit, not really exceeding 50º.

Temp 2 is just bugged, always stays 25º. 

Temp 3 i dont think its CPU either, cause other cpu sensors tell something pretty different and doesnt go up as quick as it supposed to go. In the other hand the temperature rise matches with the load time i put on it (from my experience with gpu vrm temps). Like it goes up from 30 to 50 pretty quickly and then makes his way to 60-70sº with a pronloged load, just as supposed to be with that type of cooling solution (heatsinks). Could be a sensor in the back for cpu from Gigabyte? Yes, but probably not on a board of this price range i guess.

Im pretty sure temp 1 is pch and temp 3 you could call it system just to be safe

Oh just double checking noticed taht cpu fan rmp isnt the actual cpu fan, its a big fan with low rpm. I can find out later which one is the right one

Okay so there is in total 3 sys fans and 1 cpu fan.

Chassis = CPU Fan

CPU = Sys fan 1

Fan 4 = Sys Fan 3

Sys Fan 2 isnt plugged but in current Hwinfo nomenclature should appear as Sys Fan 3

Thank you, really appreciated!

Yes, it's quite possible that the CPU temperature is an external sensor close to CPU socket.
You can try to compare those values with GIGABYTE System Information (or older EasyTune) tools, that should display correct names.

Martin said:
Yes, it's quite possible that the CPU temperature is an external sensor close to CPU socket.
You can try to compare those values with GIGABYTE System Information (or older EasyTune) tools, that should display correct names.

Yes, seems like i was wrong. Check my previous reply please, i explained there the fan readings and seems to be just right. 

https://prnt.sc/ksgn54 screenshot with fans and temp names

Back