Zotac 1650 OC not reporting correct power consumption.

Animag771

Hello, I've been trying to dial in the power consumption on a low(ish) power emulation/htpc build I've been setting up. When at idle HWinfo as well as GPU-Z both show GPU power consumption at 32W. This number seems ridiculously high for a 1650. Other users and review sites show idle power consumption of 6-8W at idle. I am about 100% sure this is reporting incorrectly, considering the entire computer measures only 42W at the wall. Is there any way to fix this in HWinfo or see what the GPU is actually consuming in real-time?

What I've tried:
Resetting GPU to factory clocks/voltages
Clean reinstall of graphics drivers
Nvidia Control Panel -> Power Management -> Optimal Power
Power Options -> Advanced Settings -> PCI Express -> Link State Power Management -> Maximum Power Savings
BIOS -> ASPM set to L1 (didn't help so returned to the default "disabled")
Sent back original GPU and replaced.

System specs:
Windows 10 Home Edition
Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX
Ryzen 5700X (CO-30 all cores and PPT 45)
Zotac GTX 1650 OC GDDR6 (1770MHz @825mV +500 memory clock)
Crucial P3 Plus 4TB Gen4 NVMe m.2
OLOy 2x8GB DDR4 4000MHz CL18 1.4V
RGEEK DC ATX PSU with 12V 240W AC/DC laptop charger
Monitor set to 1080p @ 60Hz (I've read that UHD and high refresh rates can trigger high idle power)

It's NVIDIA GPU drivers that's responsible for measuring and reporting this value. So you should check with them, we can't do anything here.

It's NVIDIA GPU drivers that's responsible for measuring and reporting this value. So you should check with them, we can't do anything here.
Well I guess that answers that. I suppose that also explains why it's measuring improperly in GPU-Z as well.

Back