2 Chipset temps for X570 aorus master

This isn't just a X570 aorus master problem, I'm seeing the same temps on a X570 crosshair hero, both these boards have Wifi integrated maybe that needing pci lanes is heating up the amd chipset more than boards with out, I have a 980 ti gpu above the chipset fan in the 1st pcie slot, my ram is running at 3200mhz, the case is a Corsair Carbide 275R Midi Tower Case

capture2-png.3832

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    114.6 KB · Views: 200
And here the ASUS "own" (EC) chipset temperature matches the value read straight from the chipset. So HWiNFO reports this correctly.
I assume the other boards read the X570 temperature from a diode not close enough to the heat source.

I am really annoyed with the reviews of the X570, it’s clear to me that board manufacturers and amd, don’t want consumers to know what the real temperatures are of these boards chipsets it’s not listed in Gigabyte’s software or ASUS’s software, and reviews of these boards are all on test benches or the chipset is just simply ignored, anyone would think there’s a cover up, I hope my system doesn’t kill its self, because if the chipset gos the board will be useless

I've done some testing, I left the computer off all night, turned it on and opened HWInfo64, after just 12 minutes the chipset went from 46c to 77c

12 min on time.PNG

after 47 minutes of sitting at the desktop the chipset hit 84c, I believe this is idle temp

sitting at desktop.PNG

after that i ran FurMark and got it to 93c

after gpu furmark.PNG

this in my eyes is a real world test, all done in a 275r mid tower case, with a zotac 980 ti amp extreme, if anyone has any advice, knows of anyway to lower the chipset temp, by something like a voltage change to a lower value for the chipset feel free to tell me what the chipset value is called in the bios because I cant find it

I've done some testing, I left the computer off all night, turned it on and opened HWInfo64, after just 12 minutes the chipset went from 46c to 77c

after 47 minutes of sitting at the desktop the chipset hit 84c, I believe this is idle temp

after that i ran FurMark and got it to 93c

this in my eyes is a real world test, all done in a 275r mid tower case, with a zotac 980 ti amp extreme, if anyone has any advice, knows of anyway to lower the chipset temp, by something like a voltage change to a lower value for the chipset feel free to tell me what the chipset value is called in the bios because I cant find it
The Corsair 275R is ment to be for budget builts and should not be matched with 900+$ CPU/Board combo. Additional to this you have a 980Ti that puts a lot of heat in that case. Either you have to increase airflow in that case or change it with something with greater airflow.
There is no conspiracy of any kind here... The real temp is the one the BIOS/UEFI reports. The other (the stand alone) is something else, probably some VRM for the chipset.

Look at mine after 40mins from cold start...
R5 3600
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
RX580

I have no case and the ambient/room is 27C
CPU cooling is AIO Corsair H110i (CPU rpm is the pump)
Chipset fan is stopped from BIOS (silent mode, it starts it at 58C but never reaches it)
I have 3x120mm case fans. 1 on the MB VRM (system1), 1 blowing towards the AIO rad intake (system2), 1 near chipset and VGA intake (system6)
And I have a DRAM cooler from corsair (system4)

HWiNFO01.png

that isn’t real world you have fans blowing at it and it’s open? Not even in a case? - anyway I don’t come here to argue with people... just to supply evidence

The Corsair 275R is ment to be for budget builts and should not be matched with 900+$ CPU/Board combo. Additional to this you have a 980Ti that puts a lot of heat in that case. Either you have to increase airflow in that case or change it with something with greater airflow.
There is no conspiracy of any kind here... The real temp is the one the BIOS/UEFI reports. The other (the stand alone) is something else, probably some VRM for the chipset.

Look at mine after 40mins from cold start...
R5 3600
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
RX580

I have no case and the ambient/room is 27C
CPU cooling is AIO Corsair H110i (CPU rpm is the pump)
Chipset fan is stopped from BIOS (silent mode, it starts it at 58C but never reaches it)
I have 3x120mm case fans. 1 on the MB VRM (system1), 1 blowing towards the AIO rad intake (system2), 1 near chipset and VGA intake (system6)
And I have a DRAM cooler from corsair (system4)

View attachment 3836

While its is not mainstream... I wouldn't call it unreal world either. Of course we dont have to argue. Cant lead to anything.
I'm not expecting a (in case) setup to be equal to what I have, that would be absurd. But I've seen a lot of them on other forums, at least 20C below your readings for the PCH (70~75C for a load)
For me the evidence you provide clearly lead to unsufficient cooling and air flow, and not some kind of conspiracy cover up like you pointed out before.

the X570 hero doesn’t allow any airflow to the chipset fan, because the 16x pcie lane is in line with the chipset fan so any graphics card is going to block airflow to it, so trying to do better airflow in my case is dumb, because the design is dumb, I also have an AIO bringing air in from the front so should be enough airflow with an exhaust fan at back! what am I going to do remove my gpu this board doesn’t support integrated graphics and the gpu is going to suffer in a 8x lane...

While its is not mainstream... I wouldn't call it unreal world either. Of course we dont have to argue. Cant lead to anything.
I'm not expecting a (in case) setup to be equal to what I have, that would be absurd. But I've seen a lot of them on other forums, at least 20C below your readings for the PCH (70~75C for a load)
For me the evidence you provide clearly lead to unsufficient cooling and air flow, and not some kind of conspiracy cover up like you pointed out before.

Why dont you go over TPU forums and ask advise about this. This is not the place for this really.
Your case is not for this kind of configuration either you accept it or not.
I dont have any thing more to say as from this point we are going to make circles.

overview.jpg

I repasted the chipset with Kryonaut... I don't even hit 60 degrees during full GPU stress on the highest sensor measurement. Define R6 case with 120mm fan in the bottom. Airflow is key

the image you uploaded is to blurry to see the temps and what it was before and after?

I don’t believe I should have to replace the paste on my motherboard to get the results others are getting, a novice computer engineer wouldn’t do it, my system is together now, so it would require me taking everything out...

I have however built a custom bracket for the best fan I could find and have it pointed at the chipset fan which has a little gap above the gpu, spoiler it hasn’t made much of a difference

View attachment 3950

I repasted the chipset with Kryonaut... I don't even hit 60 degrees during full GPU stress on the highest sensor measurement. Define R6 case with 120mm fan in the bottom. Airflow is key
ab2a3270-5b87-4264-b361-d0c1b372d211-jpeg.3955

Attachments

• AB2A3270-5B87-4264-B361-D0C1B372D211.jpeg
    AB2A3270-5B87-4264-B361-D0C1B372D211.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 156
Ran a test with furmark on the latest bios :
Version 1201 2019/12/0314.93 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO BIOS 1201
01. Fix a compatibility issue with the ASUS-ESTX II-0074 sound card
02. Update TCGStorageSecurity Module to support TCG Pyrite 2.0 Devices.

and these are the results :

D738C906-2E79-43EE-9447-473A4AB34881.jpeg
4662825A-54F1-4E5D-9EB4-FFA76592D5CE.jpeg
Even with a fan pointing at it it’s 85c on the chipset reading and the pch reading look at my gpu temp and cpu Temp really low...

@SignedAdam most of the PCH heatsink is below GPU card to the LED ROG logo next to 2nd m.2 slot. Where this fan is pointed there is no heatsink, just the PCH's fan shroud.
Try to place the fan below the card. And you could try to remove the triangle PCH fan shroud (2 screws).

AB2A3270-5B87-4264-B361-D0C1B372D211b.png

EDIT:
The actuall fins of heatsink is right under the LED ROG logo

1576434344823.png

I have an X570-E and a 1080 Ti and I'm seeing mid to high 80s with the fan going crazy at 4k rpm. The GPU is probably blocking the fan but there's nothing I can do about that. As for the airflow situation, I have a Thermaltake Armor Revo case with three 200 mm fans at the front, side, and top in addition to a 140 mm and 120mm exhaust fans. I can't replace the thermal paste on the chip because that could void my warranty. The way I see it, my only option is to wait for the warranty to expire first before tinkering with the chipset heatsink.

I have an X570-E and a 1080 Ti and I'm seeing mid to high 80s with the fan going crazy at 4k rpm. The GPU is probably blocking the fan but there's nothing I can do about that. As for the airflow situation, I have a Thermaltake Armor Revo case with three 200 mm fans at the front, side, and top in addition to a 140 mm and 120mm exhaust fans. I can't replace the thermal paste on the chip because that could void my warranty. The way I see it, my only option is to wait for the warranty to expire first before tinkering with the chipset heatsink.
Not much will change the situation, I’ve done a lot of swapping round, so much so I’ve had to pay out for a gpu riser, I went for the CORSAIR Premium PCIe 3.0 seems to work on pcie 4.0 at 3.0 speeds I haven’t got anything to test 4.0 speeds... I believe my riser was also revision two, revision one had problems apparently... temperature are extremely bad for the asus X570 boards, the asus design team have done a very poor job, placing the chipset right in line with the 1st pcie 16x slot, which is right behide the gpu, one of the hottest Components in any system “such a smart idea” if I leave my gpu in that slot I see chipset temperatures between 92c and 96c when playing games, the system is also effected idle as the gpu is still warm, temperatures between 82c and 87c, if I move the gpu towards the glass front Using my riser I’m seeing chipset Temperatures of 82c and 87c playing games when Sitting idle it’s now 60c or around that, gpu is now hurting because it’s right up against the glass, 92c on gpu, use to be 75c, I’ve changed the thermal Pad on the chipset and it’s changed nothing, it looks like they used putty, it’s like a cross between a thermal paste and a thermal pad, I think I used a 1mm thermal pad and temperature are worse after doing the change by 1c / 3c This is my 2ed bad experience with asus, I had a z79 back in the day from them and flashback stopped working, on the board I could see a chip with black stuff on it so I assume it blown up board still works to this day, however warranty support in U.K. didn’t offer to pay costs to sent the board to them so nothing got done, it was a struggle to even open a case with them back in the day the website would go offline randomly As I was filling the forums out of the support website would just randomly lose what you put in it, phone support won’t talk to motherboard owners, with this X570 board I opened a case with them about the chipset they told me to change the paste and support was still a pain to Open a case with, 404 errors and randomly losing what I enter, they expect you to fill out what all your hardware is what speeds it’s all running at a detailed overview of the problem in less than 15 minutes... anyway because I brought my board from a shop in Czech Republic I Apparently have no warranty even though Czech Republic is a European country, I’m in the United Kingdom which is still part of the Eu, but apparently none of that counts so no warranty, to add to matters the cheap plastic Wi-fi Antenna has broken and they won’t replace it, asus are literally the worst manufacturer I have dealt with... they don’t support you or care about you after the sale, icue is meant to work with asus rgb it doesn’t, it doesn’t with the rgb strips anyway only with the motherboard lights... unfortunately the shop wouldn’t refund me so I’m left like this now - I think asus should recall these boards but that’s my opinion

Last edited:
Not much will change the situation, I’ve done a lot of swapping round, so much so I’ve had to pay out for a gpu riser, I went for the CORSAIR Premium PCIe 3.0 seems to work on pcie 4.0 at 3.0 speeds I haven’t got anything to test 4.0 speeds... I believe my riser was also revision two, revision one had problems apparently... temperature are extremely bad for the asus X570 boards, the asus design team have done a very poor job, placing the chipset right in line with the 1st pcie 16x slot, which is right behide the gpu, one of the hottest Components in any system “such a smart idea” if I leave my gpu in that slot I see chipset temperatures between 92c and 96c when playing games, the system is also effected idle as the gpu is still warm, temperatures between 82c and 87c, if I move the gpu towards the glass front Using my riser I’m seeing chipset Temperatures of 82c and 87c playing games when Sitting idle it’s now 60c or around that, gpu is now hurting because it’s right up against the glass, 92c on gpu, use to be 75c, I’ve changed the thermal Pad on the chipset and it’s changed nothing, it looks like they used putty, it’s like a cross between a thermal paste and a thermal pad, I think I used a 1mm thermal pad and temperature are worse after doing the change by 1c / 3c This is my 2ed bad experience with asus, I had a z79 back in the day from them and flashback stopped working, on the board I could see a chip with black stuff on it so I assume it blown up board still works to this day, however warranty support in U.K. didn’t offer to pay costs to sent the board to them so nothing got done, it was a struggle to even open a case with them back in the day the website would go offline randomly As I was filling the forums out of the support website would just randomly lose what you put in it, phone support won’t talk to motherboard owners, with this X570 board I opened a case with them about the chipset they told me to change the paste and support was still a pain to Open a case with, 404 errors and randomly losing what I enter, they expect you to fill out what all your hardware is what speeds it’s all running at a detailed overview of the problem in less than 15 minutes... anyway because I brought my board from a shop in Czech Republic I Apparently have no warranty even though Czech Republic is a European country, I’m in the United Kingdom which is still part of the Eu, but apparently none of that counts so no warranty, to add to matters the cheap plastic Wi-fi Antenna has broken and they won’t replace it, asus are literally the worst manufacturer I have dealt with... they don’t support you or care about you after the sale, icue is meant to work with asus rgb it doesn’t, it doesn’t with the rgb strips anyway only with the motherboard lights... unfortunately the shop wouldn’t refund me so I’m left like this now - I think asus should recall these boards but that’s my opinion
i really feel your frustration. i have both a msi x570 unify and a asus x570 tuf. when i built my current system i orginally went with the tuf but after two months i replaced it with the msi unify and couldn't be happier. the chipset on my tuf never ran with the fan turned off, and even with it on, it still ran between 75 - 85c. depending on I/O load. with my unify my chipset highest i've seen has been 67c according to the x570 reading and 59c according to the motherboard's nuvoton sensor. huge differences. and that is also with a much more power hungry graphics card as well since i was using my tuf. my 2070 died so i replaced it with a 2080 super that puts out more heat. along with an additional, third, nvme added to my system since the unify has three nvme slots compared to the two on the tuf.

msi had a big brain think moment and realized putting the fan BELOW the first pci-express slot was a better design choice to pull in cooler fresh air rather than asus who thought having it next to the first pci-express slot to be covered by modern gpu's was wizard of smartness thinking.

i know some people where criticizing your case choice, and even though there's some merit to it due to its lack of a front mesh, ultimately it really doesn't matter. asus really did an awful design choice with their chipset cooling. there isn't much you can do. even with a great airflow case, like my fractal design meshify c with three arctic p12 intake fan's, its not really going to do much with asus terrible chipset design. at least from my experience. the best thing you can do is replace the motherboard with a better designed one.

Attachments

• meowmeow.jpg
    meowmeow.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 0
Back