A better way to control Alienware's fan.

melwilya

Hello! I'm looking for help.

So basically, I have an Alienware laptop and upgraded the dedicated gpu in it to AMD R9 m290x (detected as 7950m/8970m) from this point, the built in fan controlling system is not working anymore.This is not a rare case, many of us who trying to modernize his notebook with AMD card have this issue. Yes, the hwinfo can control it and I'm happy about that, but it would be much better to use a standalone program for this kind of problem because everytime I restart my computer, I need to click on the little fan icon in HWiNFO's sensor status window otherwise it is not going to control it.

Ideas for the standalone program:

-Graphicon based settings.
-Delayed spin-up time to the next level.
-Auto start with system and can be minimized.

Do not tease me, english is not my native and I'm trying my best.

If there is any kind of program like this and working with Alienware, please let me know. I can donate too if somebody can make it.

Thank you guys.

It's possible to configure HWiNFO with Auto start which starts fan control as well. This has been mentioned a few times on this forum - just add the following line at the end of HWiNFO64.INI file:
OpenFanCtrlMin=1

Martin said:
It's possible to configure HWiNFO with Auto start which starts fan control as well. This has been mentioned a few times on this forum - just add the following line at the end of HWiNFO64.INI file:
OpenFanCtrlMin=1

Okay, thank you for your kindly help. That will do it.

Back