A way to store sensor settings in user directory?

Dillon

Would it be possible to have the sensor settings (e.g. graph placements) stored in the user directory instead of registry?

I find I am very frequently losing all my graph placements due to things like Windows reinstalls. It takes quite a while to set them all back up.

Storing them as files somewhere will also allow them to versioned with tools such as File History, which would also help me prevent losses when the graphs get all messed up (e.g., when Windows is booted with the wrong monitor as primary).

You can backup these settings into a file via "Backup User Settings" in main HWiNFO settings. Launching that file will restore these settings back into registry.

Is any new updates with this situation? I have two monitors and many times when monitors going "sleep" after 20minutes HWinfo window and graph windows goes to wrong monitor. Thats quite irritating problem, because that happens many times of day. Of course if i but my monitors always ON and not shutdown monitors example after 20minutes when PC is idle state then everything works, but totally unnecessary keep them always on.

Back