alienware 17 R2 error fans

F3nix!

Hi, I have alienware 17 r2,,, and install in my laptop the hwinfo64 and change fan RPM... but only work in one.... the right side.... and try to use automatic, and don't work,,, how restart/restore initial config? please help me... so many thanks!

If you want to restore the default system fan control and HWiNFO doesn't do it, then you should completely power off the machine, remove battery, wait a few minutes and start again.

What is happening, is only one of the fans working ?
You might try to run a DELL Diagnostics utility to check the fans. I'm not sure if your BIOS also contains a diagnostics section.

F3nix! said:
Hi, I have alienware 17 r2,,, and install in my laptop the hwinfo64 and change fan RPM... but only work in one.... the right side.... and try to use automatic, and don't work,,, how restart/restore initial config? please help me... so many thanks!

HWINFO64 SETTINGS...

Uncheck EC Support under "Programs -> Settings -> Safety" and THEN be sure to go to the Sensors section and disable monitoring of "DELL EC". Link to a great guide for you. http://imgur.com/a/UYC3s#0

Back