Alienware Aurora R 6

Martin said:
Is that on the R6 or R7? Unfortunately you didn't attach a DBG file from R7.

Sorry the first file is the R6 the R7 I will redo it looks too big and was rejected as I left it collecting data too long I guess.

The motherboards are the same except for the updated intel chipset on the R7 to handle the new i7 8700K rather than the 7700K on the R6.

I also had an r5 with the 6700K and it was the same motherboard except for the chipset as it uses the same alienware command software versions on the R5, r6 and R7.

Just compress the DBG file using ZIP, RAR, 7z, etc and it shall fit here.
I wanted to look into that to check if I can perhaps see the additional temps.
Is the PCI and VR temp on the R7 or R6 too ?

Martin said:
Just compress the DBG file using ZIP, RAR, 7z, etc and it shall fit here.
I wanted to look into that to check if I can perhaps see the additional temps.
Is the PCI and VR temp on the R7 or R6 too ?

Ok attached for the R 7

Yes the PCI and VR are on the R6 and R7 and I recall the R5 too but I no longer have the R5.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Martin said:
I'm afraid I don't know where to read the other values :(

No problem as what you have already done really helps with getting a stable overclock by watching the values.

I have attached the R6 Temperature Sensor screen shot and a debug file for the R6 just in case it is different to the R7.

[font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]guess the VR temp stands for Voltage Reg [/font]not Virtual reality as I notice on the R7 it is now PCI temp but the VR temp is gone.

Is there anything I can do to help like speak to Dell tech and if so what do I ask?

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • alienware thermal sensors.PNG
    alienware thermal sensors.PNG
    37 KB · Views: 2
I believe VR stands for Voltage Regulator.
I'm afraid I don't know what could be done in order to find those temperatures, they're using some proprietary method.

Back