AMD APU SOC Power

decemberpei

Hello everyone,
I tried to measure AMD APU power usage. But I'm not sure which item is the correct one. Should it be "CPU Package Power" or "CPU Package Power" + "GPU ASIC Power"? is there a readme file on what all these statistics are? Thanks,

5800u.PNG

HWiNFO displays tooltips for each sensor item unless you disabled them, that will tell you more about the meaning.
"CPU Package Power" is the total CPU power (measured+estimated).

HWiNFO displays tooltips for each sensor item unless you disabled them, that will tell you more about the meaning.
"CPU Package Power" is the total CPU power (measured+estimated).
Thanks for the quick replay, So for AMD APU SOC power consumption, the value should be "CPU Package Power" + "GPU ASIC Power". Am I correct?

That might be due to a different sampling interval involved in calculation. Many values fluctuate very frequently and the result is displayed as an average value across a certain small interval.

That might be due to a different sampling interval involved in calculation. Many values fluctuate very frequently and the result is displayed as an average value across a certain small interval.
So "CPU Package Power" and "CPU PPT" are basically the same concept?

AMD doesn't provide a detailed description for those values and which exact rails are included, but they should reflect the same total power of the CPU/APU.

Back