AMD StoreMi

phozt

Hi,

Hwinfo takes a long time to load if AMD StoreMi is enable.

Thanks!

Attachments

• sample.CSV
    22.3 KB · Views: 0
Detecting sensor S.M.A.R.T. #1.

I'm also unable to access the storemi drive when it is detecting sensor.

Thanks, but please attach a Debug File with sensor data. The one you attached doesn't contain it, you probably didn't open sensors.
Also please try to disable the "ATA Statistics Support" option in main settings / safety if that will fix it.

Pls refer attached with sensor data.

Disabling ATA statistic doesnt seems to help. Disabling drive scan seems to solve the slow scanning...

Unfortunately I don't see any problem according to the Debug File.
How log does the "Detecting sensor S.M.A.R.T. #1" detection take?
It might be an issue of the storage driver, perhaps a future update to it will fix this.

I got blue screen of death with "UNHANDLED_STORAGE_EXCEPTION" when i start hwinfo with sensors only option. With default start it waits for a minute and exits without a message. I have ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4.

LeGyEs said:
I got blue screen of death with "UNHANDLED_STORAGE_EXCEPTION" when i start hwinfo with sensors only option. With default start it waits for a minute and exits without a message. I have ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4.

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File of the BSOD so I can see the details.

Martin said:
LeGyEs said:

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File of the BSOD so I can see the details.

The BSOD just stalled at dump creation by 0% :( I enabled debug mode in hwinfo, now it starts after a minute wait ( shows: detecting CPU #7, i have an 1600X with SMT enabled) and sensors are shown, but the hwinfo is very slow, and responds 3-4s late to every clicks. Without debug mode and with sensors only enabled my computer locks and gives BSOD after a minute without dump file.

I guess, it's related to Windows drive manager. Because i can see every independent (StoreMi) drives in storage management and task manager too, but can't access them.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Are you perhaps running some other monitoring tool with HWiNFO ?
Try to enable the "Profiling Time" column in sensor settings and see which of the sensors is taking most time (some might be over 1000 ms). Let me know the results.

Martin said:
Are you perhaps running some other monitoring tool with HWiNFO ?
Try to enable the "Profiling Time" column in sensor settings and see which of the sensors is taking most time (some might be over 1000 ms). Let me know the results.

First time i ran Ryzen Master in the backround (without overclock, just for temperature monitoring), and the StoreMi has an info tool in the tray too. In full mode the hwinfo stops every 3-4s for 1-2s ( "Nem válaszol" means not responding) and all cores maxed out at 3.7GHz turbo for that 2s.  I started a gif screen recorder, but can't record the start, because after a half minute - when hwinfo in frozen state - exits. No other local storage I/O are working, until hwinfo starts. 

All of my softwares working fine and my PC is stable around the clock.

Attachments

• hwinfo1.png
    hwinfo1.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 3
I just recorded an 5fps gif (the gif recorder's temp was set to a network drive): 
hwinfo_start.gif
 http://vps.computech.hu/d/hwinfo_start.gif (It starts, just wait for it)

Well, it looks like something is blocking HWiNFO and that's the reason for those large delays.
Can you try to deactivate StoreMi somehow and see if that will change something?
It would be also interesting to know the "Profiling Time" in sensors as suggested above.

Martin said:
Well, it looks like something is blocking HWiNFO and that's the reason for those large delays.
Can you try to deactivate StoreMi somehow and see if that will change something?
It would be also interesting to know the "Profiling Time" in sensors as suggested above.

The decreasing polling time doesn't change anything. I can't deactivate the StoreMi, because i have to remove the tiered storage to do that and this procedure needs a backup first. Before the StoreMi i had no issues with hwinfo, because i checked AMD's XFR with it in the background.

I didn't mean to decrease polling time, but to check the "Profiling Time" - that will tell how much it takes to read a particular sensor, so I can see which one is blocking.
I'm also installing StoreMI on my system now, but haven't been able to reproduce the problem here yet.

One more idea.. Try to deactivate the "Periodic polling" option in main Settings - Safety - "CPU Clock Measurement".
Let me know if that changed something.

Martin said:
One more idea.. Try to deactivate the "Periodic polling" option in main Settings - Safety - "CPU Clock Measurement".
Let me know if that changed something.

One more thing (attached image). My "c:" drive is a Crucial MX300 525GB, my "d:" drive is the StoreMi tier. This happens, when i start hwinfo and waits at start: http://vps.computech.hu/d/hwinfo_io.gif

I deactivated CPU clock measurement, nothing changes.

Attachments

• hwinfo_io.png
    hwinfo_io.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 2
Back